• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

Sounds like a hoot!! My V Max topped out at 145....that sure felt fast without a fairing. I never took it to the strip, but I should have. The stock tire on the rear sucked, it would just spin. I swapped it out to something else, but I can’t remember what now. After the tire swap it would finally pull the front wheel. In fact that bike would pull the wheel AND spin the tire at the same time. Pretty badass for what it was.

So I watched a YouTube video on cleaning vinyl and his answer was Mr clean pads and water. So I decided to try it. I'm pretty impressed with what it has done. This is after less than 5 minutes. Tried to show in the pictures where I cleaned and where I didn't.IMG_20200720_085755.jpgIMG_20200720_085835.jpg

So the issues I have to deal with are mainly cosmetic. The top of the side vent got softened by the fuel leak, both the side vent and the decal are unobtainium. I'm going to be checking with a 3D printer to see how much to print a new one. Also have a friend looking at making me a decal. I'm hoping to touch up the fuel tank paint and then maybe put a clear coat on it. Still trying to get the frame paint color to touch that up to. Also need to get the black engine color too.IMG_20200722_135500.jpgIMG_20200722_135508.jpg

So I have had my hairdryer going most of the day, I used my infared heat gun and tank temp is about 145*. Hair dryer is still going I"ll probably turn it off before I go to bed. Hopefully that's enough

That’s sweet!! Sounds different than I was expecting - leave it to Honda to make a smooth running V4. Must have 4 separate crank pins. My V Max had shared crank pins so it had the thump-thump, thump-thump idle which I really loved. That’s cool you got to take it for a spin!! Jealous....

Back