• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

That XR is a good looking bike! Pretty rare I would think, especially in that condition. I had an old Elsinore about 20 years ago that was fun to bop around on.

Bike was in pieces when I got it. Paid $200 for it. Rebuilt the Crank, got a used cylinder and piston off eBay. The old cylinder skirt was broken. I also had to rebuild the head, both valves were bent. Bought a seat cutter set off eBay for $35 to do it with. Just waiting for some more parts to come in. I'll probably have 5-600$ in it when it's useable. If all goes well the boy will ride it this summer and will get all the issues dealt with and next winter strip it down and repaint it.

Bike was in pieces when I got it. Paid $200 for it. Rebuilt the Crank, got a used cylinder and piston off eBay. The old cylinder skirt was broken. I also had to rebuild the head, both valves were bent. Bought a seat cutter set off eBay for $35 to do it with. Just waiting for some more parts to come in. I'll probably have 5-600$ in it when it's useable. If all goes well the boy will ride it this summer and will get all the issues dealt with and next winter strip it down and repaint it.
I seen one of those trai cat things listed for parts, in the Wasilla buy sell trade FB pages. Probably would not fit though, I think it was for a Yamaha.

I need one more cam-lock fitting and then a piece of 3/4" pipe so I can empty 55 gallon drumsIMG_20200428_181531.jpg
So to keep it from leaking I took the pump apart and took the drive shaft chucked it up in my lathe so it would spin, then took my grinder with a cut-off wheel and made a groove for an oring. Wasn't paying attention to how deep the hex shaft went into it and cut off some of the shaft. So on the next try I went much further down the shaft. Fortunately there was still enough hex hole left to drive it. Then I chamfered the inside so the oring would go in without cutting it. What took the most time was the output end, made an end cap out of some 1/4 flat bar, used some transfer punches to mark the holes. Welded a bolt to the bottom of the plate to go through the pump body. The rest was die grinder work. And yes it is a pump from a 6.5

Years ago I made one driven off a 120v motor with the pump turning 1500rpm to feed oil as a coolant through one of our test plants for the plastics to fuel. My attempt at sealing the shaft didn't go 100% and we scraped the idea pretty quick, but it made it the 4 days we needed until the ordered pump arrived. Yours is a much better solution. I tried and exterior oring just sandwitched with a second plate.

Back