• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

So Redhead sent me a new box and I installed it today. Flushed the system first as it was looking grungy again. Tried something new and it worked really well, Took a gallon sized oil container with the larger lid and then took my heat gun and got it pretty hot then forced it over the resevoir which gave me a one gallon funnel. Filled it up and had the return line going into a drain pain, I think it took less oil then constantly stopping to refill, plus it was way faster. So I have to say it feels like it may have fixed several issues. Before when sitting still or moving slow it took quite a bit of force to move the steering wheel until the engine rpms came up. Thought maybe it had something to do with my EVO delete as I did that at the same time as the last box but nope it's fixed that

Hey, thats good thinking there! Show a pic.

Your idea reminds me of those funnel adapters to go on different radiators holding the funnel- same concept but for the radiators (see pic). Or now that I just said that as example, have them make an adapter for the power steering using the funnel? Easy for them to make a couple more adapters and sell more products- then you get the paycheck.

Take a pic of it, describe how it should be made by tool manufacturer, and contact them here:
https://www.lislecorp.com/media/documents/Invention_Brochure2018_1BDE9939A54A5.pdf
Nothing but 15 minutes and ya might get a paycheck on accident.

C3BE8798-3715-4647-A24B-E860E9C97090.png

Yeah but the idea of that on top makes such perfect sense-
Really just making a diy one for the at home guy makes sense. But spinning chrome forma living- guys would use that a couple times every month.

I had many tool ideas but never did anything with them. Made one myself and that was all. When i later became a Mac guy, I learned how all that works- and have learned ideas oike this have about a 1/100 chance. If it doesn’t work- 15 minutes lost. If it does it the resell value of something like this might pay you enough for a new truck.

I think I like this idea! I had thought about something like this before when I attempted to flush my PS system. basically clamping a hose to the open neck of the pump going to the gallon bottle essentially making the PS reservoir larger, then putting the return line to another gallon jug. at least if I am understanding the concept correctly. this would be a good idea for a regular maintenance PS oil change :)

Well time for a tranny rebuild, lost reverse today. 260k so not too bad. I figure I either broke the band tab or the case where it attaches. Going to Healy tomorrow to get coal for my boiler, going to borrow my brothers dodge dually for that. I have a core out of a 2003 or 4 that I picked up to rebuild a few years ago, should have all the upgraded hard parts in it.

Well time for a tranny rebuild, lost reverse today. 260k so not too bad. I figure I either broke the band tab or the case where it attaches. Going to Healy tomorrow to get coal for my boiler, going to borrow my brothers dodge dually for that. I have a core out of a 2003 or 4 that I picked up to rebuild a few years ago, should have all the upgraded hard parts in it.
Is this a 4L80E? Will you do the rebuild yourself?

pretty subjective but in my mind 6-7. I tow relatively often but usually not real heavy, probably 4-6k average. Have had 12k behind it a few times. 4-5 years ago when I was towing coal probably 6-7k I noticed a flare in rpms when it upshifted so I started anticipating the shifts and would back off as it shifted. It is my work truck. Never had the pan off and never had a temp gauge on it.

Usually the rear one disappears due to wear of the reverse bands 657. The friction coating becomes thinner and cannot securely fix the drum. Try using a different piston pin73 3-5mm longer. thereby the tape will compress more strongly and fix the drum when necessary. To replace it, only remove the pan. and unscrew the cover62.
Screenshot_20240128_005742.jpg

@ak diesel driver what do you mean by a flare in rpms.? I ask cause mine will jerk at times when shifting. And when I take off from a dead stop, sometime it feels like I'm not in first gear, but if I get it rolling then back off the throttle for a second it will shift smooth and then it's fine.. Wondering what to look for with the rpms. Are you going to do pics of the process as you rebuild it?

What he means is that under a steady throttle, as it upshifts the rpms suddenly climb, (as if it had been thrown into Neutral) without any increase in vehicle speed, before the rpms drop and the next higher gear is engaged and the vehicle continues to accelerate.

Back