• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

So after 2-3 days it acted up again so I put on a new glow plugs relay. I discovered that the main issue was the plug-in itself the secondary push in latch is missing. I decided to go ahead and replace the relay while I was in there and then found a zip tie about the right size and put it in, it was a snug fit and now there is no slop in the plug.

While it was in the shop I decided it was time to see where my coolant leak was. It was dripping on the floor about where the draincock is so I was hoping for an easy fix. Alas no.
IMG_20201105_100701.jpgIMG_20201105_094820.jpg

So I have been hesitant to post this but my hard hot start seems to have gone away. I'm thinking my ignition switch might have been the cure. Also Chris thinks Champion is going to warranty the rad and he will coat the new one and send it to me. I actually wasn't expecting Chris to recoat it for nothing as it wasn't his coating that failed. Gotta say that's REAL customer service.

I have a radiator that is seeping there as well. Not bad enough to make me do anything about it...... yet............... Glad to hear that Champion will warranty it.

So the last couple of days my truck didn't want to start even being plugged in. So I changed the glow plugs. Three were totally done the others would light up when hooked to a battery. This morning 15* and not plugged in it fired right up and no stumbling etc.
Also discovered my clamp from turbo to exhaust pipe was loose so I took it off and crimped it a little so it was a tighter fit.

So my radiator decided to get worse and after checking with Chris to see how soon I could expect a replacement (he got called out of town for work) I decided to dig out a radiator out of one of my parts trucks to get me back on the road. Doesn't seem like champion is very fast with their warranty claims, Chris is sending me one no matter what champion does. Thanks Chris

That sucks.
Gotta say I am not impressed with what I am seeing/hearing regarding Champion. Whilst they do continually honor their warranty claims and pay for the shipping, my mate is on his third rad already in the space of only a few years. At what point does your labor and downtime outstrip the cheapness of these rads. Does appear to be one of those gets what yer pay for situations.

BTW my mate was able to get them to react pretty quickly a week ago for his latest failure. Also the first one they sent got damaged, he said their their packaging sucks, but he got them to overnight a replacement better packaged so it sounds like he was able to get quick response from them.

Cheers
Nobby

And here to My thinking, from what I have read and reviews, Champion radiators suppose to be the better line.
Dang, now I dont know what to think about them.

Well it looks like my raptor pump has died. I've had to replace the fuse 3-4 times and just now driving home the pump quit. Changed the fuse but nothing, acts like instead of being shorted it has an open. My brother is on his way with some cardboard to lay on, a DMM, and another fuse. I have my stock LP on board.

Back