• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

Sorry I missed this. 95 should have a ds4 (unless you converted) and yes you can up the pressure. You can safely go to at least 14 PSI. Depends on whose literature you look at for higher than that.

I brazed a bolt on mine & grounded it to the frame, is this necessary, I don't know but can't hurt.

I have had mine 2 years now but haven't taken it out to see if it looks any different from new...

So just finished up the front end on my truck. Still needs an alignment but it's close enough to get me there. So now I have newer wheel bearings and all new ball joints, tie rod ends, pitman arm, idler arm. Idler arm came with a grease line so you can grease it without having to remove the skid shield, cool ,I was actually considering doing that. Next up is the crossover. Then IPIMG_20190107_163856.jpg

Ya know, something I do different than most when changing the ip is DONT remove the lines from the ip.

Pop the intake off.
Undo the nuts from injectors and wiggle free. Undo the 2 nuts (each side) on the valve covers that the lines mount to.
Then oil fill and 3 bolts inside, 3 adjuster nuts that are fun to reach, and wiggle the ip free of the gasket. Pull the ip with the 8 legs so your holding a big metal spider. Then you can reach all line nuts so easily.

If you put it on cardboard box, sharpie exactly where the injector nuts are. it goes back together beautifully. Obviously the bottom 2 are the hardest, so mark them the most accurate and pay most attention when assembling to the new ip.

One guy in the shop copied my method, but added sandwiching the lines innthe valley on each side with paint stir sticks and safety wire to ensure nothing could move.

I probably done 30-35 ips that way and only once had to loosen and adjust a couple lines- but never the hard ones.

I wouldn’t have thought mentioning this if not having just put my “spider” on a shelf last night pulling my engine apart.

Back