• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

So I just took about a 500 mile trip pulling my travel trailer to Chitna to go fishing, I was really pleased with my fan clutch setup. I tickled 210* a couple of times but it was mostly because of engine speed not being high enough to to get the WP and fan moving enough. One hill I had it setting on 1300* EGT for at least a full minute, Might have been longer but I wasn't timing it, engine temp never even moved the whole time because everything was already engaged and going when I hit that section. Outside temp was around 70* and I had the AC on too. Not like what you southerners get but I know I couldn't have done that before the MOD.
Downside was as I was getting close to Palmer I stopped for a bathroom break. When I started it back up it took longer to start, at least enough to catch my attention, then about 20 miles from home I stopped to get a soda to help me stay awake and when I started it again it was noticeably longer to start. After I got home I shut it down and unloaded things, so it had been sitting for about 45 minutes, and it wouldn't start.
Tried a different PMD and also checked for air NADA. Didn't think about it til just now but I should have tried some water on the IP. I'm letting it cool off and then I'll try it again. Looking more like I need a new IP though

Yes all last winter I was having a hard hot start issue which went away when summer fuel came out. Since it appears to be back to normal I can only assume I got a batch of thinner fuel. I've been holding off buying a new one as it seemed their was some high output ones on the horizon but they seem to be disappearing. :(

Yes all last winter I was having a hard hot start issue which went away when summer fuel came out. Since it appears to be back to normal I can only assume I got a batch of thinner fuel. I've been holding off buying a new one as it seemed their was some high output ones on the horizon but they seem to be disappearing. :(
They’re disappearing? What options are you speaking of?

This is a text from Quadstar.

No release plan on the big one yet. Talked to someone yesterday about trying to work together on it and share some of the R&D costs. Simply don't make enough to make it happen right now.
The other one is a different deal I've been working on and the guy seems to be MIA.

Oh gotcha, you want big DS4.....yeah I don't know if we'll ever see that. I think Quadstar may be the last hope on that - so if they don't make it happen, then who knows if we'll ever see it.

If you are set on it, I get the desire... but

I have been hearing rumors about people “gonna make” a ds4 output near or better than db2 more than a couple decades so far.

Same as someone is “gonna make” a pmd that won’t have problems.

I just gave up on ds4 finally. Good luck to ya with finding one.

Yeah ds to db conversion has to be on a rig a few years to make it worth the effort. And since dmv here cries about it, I had to walk away from trucks 93/94 and hummers 95/96 nothing newer for me.

Hey gang,,, been afk for a while,, I noticed mine not wanting to start late last summer, after a few 90+ days,, then 30 mins of heat soak and a no start. Boy the folks at the store were left scratching their heads, when after a long cranking session and no start, I got out. grabbed a bottle of water, opened the hood. poured it in there, closed the hood, and got in and it started.
"Hmm did you see that guy? His truck wouldn't start, so he gave it a drink of water and vroom, off he went"

All winter it was fine, and here we are only in the 90+ days, and 30 mins of heat soak does it give me problems. But I'll just leave it running to avoid the problem on those days. I'm putting off doing it until I have too.

Back