• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

I-5 goes north to south through western Washington, western Oregon, and California. It happens to be just over a mile by road from me.

Don

Boy am I dumb. Even without autocorrect I can't get it right. I 15 Montana Idaho Utah.
Oh Yeah, You will be coming south bound through Great Falls, Helena, Butte and Pocatillo.
Butte is about 400 miles to the west of Miles City.
If You want a rust free 91 K1500 that needs an enjun, swing on By, I would like to get back the $600.00 that I have invested for parts though. LOL

Raptor install basically done. Still have to bleed it. Should be easy to go back to a stock pump if needed. Trimmed the old pump holder down so it would still act as a line holder. For anyone else trying this the fittings that screw into the LP are 8an male x 16mmx1.5 female. Bought them from summit.IMG_20171018_204042.jpg IMG_20171018_204112.jpg IMG_20171018_204023.jpg IMG_20171018_204429.jpg

All I can say is wow! Drove my truck to my jobsite today and was playing around seeing how much boost I could get,this was before the LP, and with an empty truck if I downshifted out of overdrive as I came to a hill I could see 16. Coming back with somewhere between 800-1000 LBS in the back and doing the same thing I could see 18. Took it out to adjust my lights and was shocked to see 20 without even trying very hard. Truck really came alive kinda felt like a gasser after a cam swap.
I'm glad I ended up putting the LP in last just so I could see that as the only change. It's set at around 12-14 psi.

Yeah, it doesn’t take long to make a believer out of ya. It takes a day or two to realize you have slightly better acceleration off the line from before, but that there is acceleration being left on the table.

Nice thing is when you make a good upgrade like this is when we all want to play with it. Your big drive will let you enjoy that labor and hopefully start to pay for a bunch of the parts in mpg improvements.

Another success story on the truck I really hope it does ok for you.

As far as your trip, that sounds like a dandy at about 7000 miles. Back in 2006 I broke in my new truck on a 7,340 mile trip in less than 3 weeks. I left home it had about 3300 miles on it and when I got back it was over 10,600 miles on it. Heck I was worried about the oil, I the oil changed at a nice garage at Bryce Canyon, Utah, very nice guys there. Lets say the grass did not grow under the tires. First day 970 miles, next day about 760 or so, after that it calmed down a little. It seems like it loves to cruise along at about 75 or 80 MPH all day long, no problems. I kept track with all the fuel usage and all.

So went out to start my truck this morning and it started and then died looked at my FP gauge and no fuel pressure. So I drug it into the shop and discovered I had lost prime. Long story short I found a bad oring on the suction side of the pump. Also discovered I have an exhaust leak so I'm not even getting full drive pressure to my turbo.IMG_20171020_133502.jpg

Did it look like it had been leaking fuel at the bad o ring ?
I think you are having enough fun with the boost You already have, imagine if the exhaust leaks is sealed up, even more fun. LOL

Loss of air and you are hitting those numbers! Wow.

Fix those 2 and re test drive- be careful with all
The boost from that big turbo.

I remember there was a few of those turtles it went out there that had a weird sizedhousing or something IIRC. I’m starting to wonder if that’s what you have

A few of them got shipped out with a bigger housing then they were supposed to. That was a few years back though. Dennis talked to all the owners of the Turbo with the wrong housing and sent them the right housing. I suppose another one with the wrong housing could have slipped through this time. I don’t remember what size housing it’s supposed to be but @Burning oil might

Back