• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

Finally making some headway. Got the wiring figured out on the fan clutch. Got the tubing mounted to my gauge, had to put it on and then slide the gauge into the hole.

Attachments

• IMG_20160209_095418.jpg
    IMG_20160209_095418.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 7
Very nice. I looked at a few crew cab dually 6.5's but wanted an enclosed back. I know a cap can be added but I like my suburbans/Tahoe's. But it looks like a sweet ride. Hope you get many of safe miles out of it.

So it turns out my glow shift dual IAT gauge has a wire you connect to a 12v source when the headlights are on. It dims the gauge light 30%. You cannot hook it to a dimming wheel as it will make the gauge flicker. Anyone have any ideas on a work around for this? I called glow shift and they weren't much help. I really like to dim all my dash lights pretty low when doing long night drives.

If 12v source from headlights is off how is it maintaining the 30%? must be two 12v sources?

Yes 2 power sources actually 3 1 switched 1 hot all the time 1 when the headlights are on. I'm assuming that its LED can be 7 different Coors ( like I care)

My Autometer LED lit gauges use the special Autometer dimmer to vary light output the degree you want. Stock dimmer lowering voltage would dim a small range, but not as much as you want. I think it does the dimming by pulse width modulation.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N8GIYG/?tag=jhuntlink-20

I haven't put LED bulbs in my factory gauge cluster yet (although I have them) because I want to test & see that the Autometer LED dimmer will allow proper dimming of LED's in the factory gauge cluster & HVAC lighting. As I already have 6 led lit gauges run from this dimmer (which is the limit Autometer's specs give), I'm not certain if I dare try run the additional number of 194 style LED bulbs in the cluster/HVAC, or might get another dimmer?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm wondering what wires I would put it on? the wire that hooks to the headlights provides power to dim. there was actually one for $2.90

After finding those gauges install instructions online, I don't think the PWM LED dimmer will work for Glowshift gauges. Was mistakenly thinking they would have a separate lighting power wire like my Autometers. Guessing the +12v headlight on input just triggers their internal 30% dimming circuit.

I didn't read all the replies/links after my last, no time right now. Can you just disconnect the hot thats keeping the light on the dimmed setting?

I hope ya find something out, the PO put all 3 glow shift gauges in the pillar, mine don't dim at all, they stay bright and blind me at night, I hate them....

Back