• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Monster Diesel

No kidding, the bad part about this product is you only get the good side of the story. You have a few people on other sites deleting every negative post that comes in and then the users can't see the TRUE side the story.

I would say $$$$$ plays a role in that situation...

Dave, I gotta say I'm glad to see you distance yourself from this... saying the product contains a denatured form of nitroglycerine? C'mon, use at least a little common sense.

I am quite frankly aghast that site admins would push this product. Have they considered the attached liability when somebody lays a class-action lawsuit about engine damage or failure to perform claims?

Stand back, my friend. You don't want to be associated, methinks.

The bottles that showed up at my door remain full and un-opened collecting dust in my garage on a shelf. Methinks thats where they'll stay after reading more about this product. I"ll stick with the Power service/2 stroke oil mix i've been using. Seems to do the fuel system some good as i see a MPG bump with that even if it's only 1-2 mpg that's good enough for me.

Stand back, my friend. You don't want to be associated, methinks.

Methinks, you are correct.

The bottles that showed up at my door remain full and un-opened collecting dust in my garage on a shelf. Methinks thats where they'll stay after reading more about this product. I"ll stick with the Power service/2 stroke oil mix i've been using. Seems to do the fuel system some good as i see a MPG bump with that even if it's only 1-2 mpg that's good enough for me.

Methinks, you are correct.

It mite be "old school" but what you are doing Dave is a far better approach, by sticking with what is known to work, remembering that 2200 psi systems the 6.2/6.5 has can tolerate it. IIRC Wrecker and a few of the DMAX guys frown on oil as an additive for 22,000 psi common rail, I don't own one so I'll defer to their experience there.

this monster stuff reminds me of another "snake oil" additive based off of napthalene (moth crystals) that was the next best thing back in 2003.

I just came out of locomotive Diesel repair last 2 years working with CSX railroad don't ya think a profit driven organization such as a RR would be adding "fuel extenders" to their fuel if they worked ?

Tim - coincidentally, napthalene is one of the ingredients, along with a few other cyclic aromatics.

I sent for a free sample - I'm going to run it through our GCR and see what's really in the crap.

Right at the moment, I wouldn't put it in my truck for any reason.

Good info guys. Be careful talking about it on the other site, you might win some of those points they like to give out so freely.

This infraction is worth 200 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Diesel Place ):h

Well anybody hear any more on this "wonder fuel" additive, by now the Diesel world ought to be all "warm & fuzzy" about it, I heard nothing about it from the OTR driving guys on my CB all way from NY to MS,

Seems the big woo hoos have quieted down some. Haven't checked to see if the sack is still pushing the snake oil lately or still banning people/deleting negative posts about it.

Check this out http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?ticker=ALKN:US stock worth .02 from a high of .62 me thinks that is the wrong trend for such a "successful" product I wonder if that spike was at same time the "experts" at old site hawking this crap were hot & heavy into promoting it got a few sales and then reality set in at all of the Diesel sites not caught up in the retail game of this miracle additive.

They would have better luck with 60W oil I think :D

It went from .02 all the way up to .60... consider that a lot of people put in a lot of money when it was low, then pushed this crap all over the internet through aggressive spam marketing, punishing and silencing anybody who said it was crap, and it went up x30 !!!

I expect this to quietly go away, now... they've made their money. A 30x return on investment for something worthless, using internet marketing, which is largely free. Did you ever read the vitae of the 3 people who 'are' the company, including the girl brought on to help with the marketing efforts (whose specialty happens to be web media)?

This was never about a diesel additive... it was about making money on the stock market. Greed, again.

The thing that makes me wonder... did 'somebody' 'over there' have money invested in this? Did 'that someone' censor, delete, and ban all the negative posts over there so he could get a better ROI?

Trying to account for the oft-vicious mod reaction surrounding that product is easy, through the right lens.

Come on Jim that site you are hinting where mods were so vociferous about the merits of this product at isn't about money generation is it ???, could it be why so many left that site could no longer stand the money grubbing that happens there.

The subject was popular on the DP site but died right off. If the product was that great they would have had to make a part 2 to the thread. I'll stick with power service. Bill hows things going. Almost time for another gtg.

Well no news on the MD front even @ TDI forums, http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=269303&page=13 I notice a staunch proponent of this snake oil got himself banned on that site I guess that was a twist one normally on a power trip as a banner getting banned.

Searching multiple sites & forums tonight during a work break seems like other than the latest press release @ the MD website where they claim selling some of this stuff to South Korea in Jan 2011, it's pretty much fallen off the radar since mid 2010. Now this selling to Korea is a twist, we used to buy junk products with the Made in Korea tag on it, now we export junk to Korea saying Made in USA.

Oh what a sad state of affairs that it has come to this in the world of globalization, a once premier source of goods the USA to now an exporter of junk; say it isn't so.

Last edited:
Our very own Monster Diesel HERO banned!!!:eek: Say it ain't so Doc:nonod:
Shame on the TDI forum... don't they know they're messing with a LEGEND?:???:

in his own mind anyhow...:D

When they first came out, I went online to check out the stock market and saw they only had 2 employees I knew they were fake. But God forbid you post that on some sites, you were reemed out and given a new a$$hole.

They voluntarily un registered their stock with the SEC in October and the stock is currently trading at around a half a cent per share....The stock price chart is a sled ride straight down from the high of about 25 cents last March.

When did Randy and the guy that was selling it on DP get "in" on the deal? Sounds like a buy high and sell low kinda deal.

Too bad for them... ;)

chart

Back