• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Modified 6.5 Build

A little extreme ,but I want the ports sealed. I will do the heads also.

Also built a .290 pump . Here's proof of the plunger size. It's a new 5579555796head and rotor. DS4 rollers pic is of db2 vs ds4

The heads are bending at the front and rear coolant ports. So I'm welding them shut ,and getting custom gaskets made.

The coolant flow goes from waterpump through block around cylinders and into the back of the head through that welded up port. Then it flows through the head (to get rid of the majority of the heat generated by the engine through the head) and out the front port to the thermostat cross over.

When you fill a block with concrete blockfill, you can’t drive it normal on the streets. When my friends that ran blockfill at the drag strip would run, it was a race in the pits to cool it before the next run many times. I got away from it because of that. I would argue unless you are building an all out race engine, increase the coolant flow to stop warping not less.

Are you eliminating coolant? Or am I misunderstanding and you are only welding up the front ports of the 2 heads?

I will enlarge the closest steam port,and do a rear crossover hose for the heater. Or drill and tap the rear of the block. Yea , I tried block filler ,and it seemed to bend the rods . It was fine driving normaly,but if I beat it 2 times in a row ,it would through a rod every time.

Yes. And the rod damage- bent rods are from disformed cylinders grabbing the pistons or from valve contact. And unless yoh had huge dents in the piston tops and bent valves- it was from the cylinders shrinking in on the piston from too much heat.

Please, document and share everything as you go. I voice my opposition in opinion (in friendly conversation not trying to be a jerk)- but it is up to you to risk damage or gain advantage in experimentation. I fear you are heading down a path of scrap metal.

Ok,now we are building a 660 block instead. Welded ports,crack,and starter hole.56441564425644356444564455644656447564485644956450

The stock pistons got shaved .040, getting custom Cometic gaskets. Using the smallest precups , combined with 311 nozzles @ at least 3000 psi pop pressure. And the little .290 pump,which should easily pump enough of fuel for 400 hp. Also planing on a center mount turbo.

I used nickle wire,it dosent crack, but get porosity sometimes. Also preheated alittle. I probably wont weld another main crack . Took lots of filing to get the cap to fit right.

Yeah, i’ve used a few kinds of nickle wire. None has impressed me. I normally like mig over stick, but just nothing beats muggy.

What turbo?

Back