• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Modified 6.5 Build

n8in8or

Reaction score
Muggy rod is a special rod for welding cast iron. Alot of people swear by it
Ah, thank you. Recently I was looking up welding aluminum with oxy/acetylene and during that search found a rod for welding cast iron with oxy/acetylene that they claim is a tough enough repair to weld valve seats and have them re-machined. I'm going to look into that further.

Will L.

Reaction score
No special technique with muggy, just pre/post heat and yer good. “V” out as needed of course.

Turbo is just a hx35 with a hx40 turbine. The big turbine combined with small precups should make good power from idle to 4000 rpm.
Dude- 35/40 hybrid is a great turbo for these engines. Its a more expensive investment than ATT, but since that price went up much closer to the 35/40 which has lower price than it used to years ago, I will probably bite the bullet for it too. Not gonna beat Nate’ numbers with one, but normal use and towing- yeah. I have only delt with 3 trucks running them, and heard from several others - all happy. My expectation is diamond precups, or at least T cups.

Now, you guys wanna do lots of ‘splainin’ and links and everything about the details of what I am about to buy to weld up these other heads I have with the fine cracks starting that can be machined down for valve seats PLEASE. Start another thread if needed.

Rockabillyrat

Reaction score
The stock pistons got shaved .040, getting custom Cometic gaskets. Using the smallest precups , combined with 311 nozzles @ at least 3000 psi pop pressure. And the little .290 pump,which should easily pump enough of fuel for 400 hp. Also planing on a center mount turbo.
Even with a modified leaf spring I don't see a .290 pump pushing enough fuel for 400hp. Why not go with .330 pump?