• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Missy goes full retro

Old Body Style, what he means is square body style.

Unofficially:
OBS: 1988-1998 GMT-400 truck platform. Not including the K5 Blazers, Suburbans and some 1-ton trucks from 1988-1991, the "square bodys".
NBS: 1999-2007 GMT-800 truck platform.
NNBS: 2007.5-Present GMT-900 truck platform.

Yeah, I'm still a little confused but thats ok.

Yeah me too.

The "BRICK" 73-91 CLASSIC body style.

I finally got used to the GMT400 but the 8oo and 900 have yet to interest me at all.

Have not even sat in one of the 800 or 900 rigs.

Lets see, the newest GMT400 I have been in is a 97.

I am just a retro I guess.

Sure lovin my old "Brick" Blazer and 91 Burb though.

Gonna head out here in a while and rip the dash out of the 91 and replace the dash light bulbs.

All the bulbs on the speedo and fuel gauge side are finally gone and beating on the dash wont make them come on any longer. PhhhhhhhhhhhhhT

Oh well, probably the factory bulbs from 91 me thinks.

Missy

have fun with those PITA. Mine had the one piece version. base and bulb stuck together. only place I could get them is from the dealers for $& a pop. glad I didn't burn to many of them out.

Well I went out and had it in mind to change out the bulbs.

Nope not gonna happen today. Truck has a Pioneer stereo in it and the thing has to come out of the slide in bracket before I can remove the dash bezel.

I need the two little extractor keys for the thing and they are not with the rig.

Have to stop off at the stereo store and get a couple before I can remove the thing.

SOOOOOOOOO I ran the Blazer over in front of the shop and tried one of the 35-13.50 X 15 tires. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Notta gonna work.

Barely clears as it swings from side to side. Would have to rais the truck more or cut sheet metal to keep the tires from Rubbing.

Gonna leave the Blazer with the 33 inch tires and the 4 inch lift.

Maybe sell the 35 inchers and buy me a nice winch ???????? :thumbsup:

Now that the Blazer is here I am going to need to spend time thinking about just what I want to do with which rig.

No hurry, both the Burb and the Blazer are running good so no worries

Missy

YUP

The 35/13.50's just tooooo fat, especially on 10 inch wheels.

Going to leave the 33's on the Blazer with the 4 inch lift.

Sell the 35's and the 6 inch lift.

Probably put a set of 31-10.50's on the Burb and leave it stock height.

OK I tried to get a set of Keys to get the stereo out of the dash on the 91.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGG

Nobody locally would sell me a a set of unlock keys to remove the stereo.
They all wanted to charge me $15 to remove the thing.

NOOOOOOO Damn way I am paying some clown to remove the stereo.

Went on ebay and bought a set for $4 YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Should be here in a few days and then I can get the dash apart and replace the instrument lights.

Missy

Oh yeah buddy.

Right now the total of $4 for a set of keys seems like a really great way to avoid a ton of agravation.

Just hate screwing around fighting something that is in the way of doing what is a real simple task.

Missy

The Blazer has a Kenwood deck in it and I bought a set of keys for it too.

$4 YESSSSSS and screw the local shops that told me I could not own a set.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGG what a bunch or BS

Missy

Yea all the stereo people are just money-grabbing monkeys in my area. lol I found some of those keys at Advance Auto a couple of weeks ago, i had to pull those to get the dash out of the camaro i'm working on. The dash bulbs that GM uses a lot of the time have the actual bulb part soldered to the socket. What i did with mine was get some 194 bulbs, take out the old bulbs (usually crush those getting them out) , and use the 194's in those. hehehe
Takes a little messing with the bulb leggs, but i'm not paying what they want for the damned bulb/socket junk. :eek:(
Don

Back