• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Missy goes full retro

UPDATE

Been sitting back waiting for my dream K5 Blazer to come into my life ):h

Been advertising on Craigs List for several weeks and NOTHING but trash shows up.

Last eavening a fellow called up from over the east side of the state.

He wants a Burb and is willing to trade his 89 K5 Silverado for a Burb.

His family has grown some and the 2 door shorty just aint cuttin it :eek:

Well to make a long story short, his missy just could not handle the RED interior on the 91 so I offered to trade him the Blue 94 Diesel Burb for his 89
K5

The 89 is a gasser :eek: but oHHHH well I can fix that problem :D

Looks like I will keep my sweet 91 Burb and get an 89 K5 to play with.

Everything off the 87 Burb diesel that was going on the 91 Burb will fit the K5 so Im set me thinks. :thumbsup:

Here are some piccy's of the K5

The deal is still subject to both our approvals when we meet in person with the iron close and personal, BUTTTTTTT both of us are interested at this point.

I will miss Old Blue but ya has to do what ya has to do.

If this deal goes through it will be a christmas present to beat all Christmas presents.

Missy

Attachments

• 89Blazer1.JPG
    89Blazer1.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 89Blazer2.JPG
    89Blazer2.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 89Blazer3.JPG
    89Blazer3.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Let us hope that it is as nice in person as it looks in the pix.

Piccy's can make stuff look real good but when ya see it in person it suxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I am hoping.

Trying to find a K5 has been a real chore.

Most are either bent all to hell or rusted out, every body panel a different color.
Interior Moldy from the time the owners Brother inlaw sunk the truck in the river or ????????????? who knows what all.

If this deal flies I can stuff the 6.2 into the truck and be right where I want to be..

Just have to wait and see.

Missy

Just spoke with the Owners of the K5 and the tentative plan is to meet at a DMV office that is between both of us and do the deal there.

Will save some driving on there part and make things better all around.

Deals come and deals go. Just have to see how it all falls together.

Anymore I dont get all excited about much of nothing.

When its a done deal and the rig is parked in the yard I will YAHOOOOOOOOO
Not until.

Far too many things can go sour between now and then.

The folks with the Blazer seem to be very excited and looking forward to doing a deal so this is a good thing, BUTTTTTTTTTTT
I never count the chickens ya know

Missy

Aces

I learned at a very early age that when you get your hopes all up and reeeeeeealy excited about something that it always seems to end badly and your hopes get stomped on.

The owner of the K5 called me back again lst eavening and was himself very excited about the 94 Burb of mine.

The one thing that did catch my ear and hold my attention was when he told me that all the stuff works including the AC system.

Every other Blazer I have been offered or called on has either had a dead one or the compressor had been removed and the hoses unhooked, cut off or ?????????

The K5 has had a 4 inch lift kit with installed at some point.

The tires and wheels are new, not sure if thats part of the deal yet or not.

I really dont care so much about the tires/wheels as long as the body and interior are nice.

So many of the TRASHED rigs I have seen had lovely tires and wheels but that was about all they had going for them.

The K5 is "Supposed" to be a NON smoker (ciggy butts)
No mold inside (been in a dry part of the state)
Upholstery good shape.
Tranny (700R) been gone through.

We shall see, we shall see.

If all this stuff comes together I may decide to sell the 91 Burb and move off in a different direction.

Anybodies guess at this point.

I have still not had my DaHooooley out on the road since the rebuild.
Just sits in the yard.
My kid fired it up a week or so ago and hauled some stuff from the house down to the horse barn.

Until this Blazer deal either comes together or not, I will sit tight and not make any rash decisions.

Really would like some nice weather to do something outside.

Yup in about 4-5 months it will be here.

Dreams of K5 Blazers, Oh yesssssssssss.

Would be sweet if it were a factory diesel.

SIGH
Sits sipping her second cup of coffee.

Missy

Yesss I fully understand that one for sure.

No fun trying to work on the rig when your fingers are froze and the carpet is stiff as a board.

Doing any sort or work in the cold takes far longer for sure.

Missy

That'd probably be at least a close second around here when it is cold it is dead calm. Warms up when the wind blows

Yeah this is the last year of this B/S. I gotta build some kind of garage this summer. comtemplating two 9.5 high Land sea boxs with a roof across.

The only thing I've really considered doing with them is stacking them 2 high with trusses across them. say a 40' span. Then it's just a snow shelter wouldn't be tempted to try and heat it.

so far the worst I've done was a brake line at-15F or so. the truck was the sleter. we had a windstop on one side called a snowbank

yeah it would be cheaper to build walls but then I need building permits, I get taxed, need a foundation etc. I can get a 9.5 high cube 40ft delivered for about 2200$
I'm on the fence whether to use 2 and trusses or one and build a lean-to off it. Space heater will make it bearable where I am.

I can remember years ago having to toss a tarp over the rig to keep the worst of the weather off so that I could work.

Just can't beat a nice warm dry shop.

I have the dry part but the warm is not gonna happen in 60 foot long pole building with hay stored in there too.

Even using tools like a grinder and such are out of the question.

MGW

OH Yeah, real warm :eek:

30X60 Pole building that started off to be "MY SHOP" with a drive through that could accomodate the big rig ):h

Well along came horses as the daughter grew up and then came the horse barn (Stable) and then the "SHOP" became a multi use building with sawdust storage for stall bedding and a deck to store hay for the critters too.

I managed to capture a 15 X 30 spot on one side and concrete it so I have a place to do some work.

Seems as though it always has something sitting in there.

The 87 diesel Burb is there now awaiting it final fate.

As soon as I see what is going to happen with this 89 Blazer I will proceed to remove the engine, tranny, radiator, brake booster and other items from the 87 Burb to transplant in the Blazer.

Had planed on doing this swap to the 91 Burb but now I am not sure.

Will decide based on how this current deal flies.

Never a dull moment.

Missy

Back