• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lock and lube grease zerk coupler ?

schiker

Reaction score
http://www.locknlube.com

There was a thread on tractor by net on this and many people liked it. So anyone here tried one? Looks like it would be good for equipment but not sure about the truck. It looks long and it's tight to do pitman arm.

Looks really handy but there's two problems. 1) If would be difficult to use it on some of the truck fittings because of room. 2) I'm way too cheap to spend that much money

Sent from my SCH-I535

Looks really handy but there's two problems. 1) If would be difficult to use it on some of the truck fittings because of room. 2) I'm way too cheap to spend that much money

Sent from my SCH-I535

No kidding, I think I didn't spend that much on my last grease gun, and it wasn't a cheapy by any means.

U-Joints come to mind for a genuine messy job that could use a lock. Everything else it is hard enough just to get the hose on the fitting let alone lock it on.

A lot of posts on the tractor forum griped about the cost. Some came back and said it was worth it. My loader has 2 zerks that are deeply recessed and have way too much grease squished out from not sealing. I sometimes don't get a good seal on lower ball joints and glob some grease out.

Greasing is no fun and I might try this coupler but yeah figure it's not going to fit some zerks. Being able to clip on and trigger the Lincoln on the tractor with out worry justifies the $.

If I was still running square bales 3x per year it would be worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I535

umm, Buy a good grease gun tip and it has a crew adjustment on it that can tighten so much you cant get it on or off. I adjust mine loose for most locations, then when its a bad spot I just turn the foreword nut 1/2 turn and its not a problem.

I know a bunch have seen this but maybe not all...Something we always did on heavy equipment when possible is run a line to a more accessible place made from 1/8 hyd hose then put the zerk there. It was nice to grease 10-12 fittings from one location. Saved a lot of labor time. Thought about it on the hummer, but to much to get hung up on when offroading.

Back