• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LeroyDiesel Hurricane Harvey.

On the up side, I guess that wildfire was put out.
I don't know that the sunshine would make much difference with that much water.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

@deejaaa How much corrosion to all the metal do you figure this adds? Say a truck is frame deep in it, but engine, interior, etc never gets wet... how bad does the suspension & frame get torn up? It is "freshwater", right?

sun gets it in the air and off the ground. wind helps also.
as far as corrosion, we are so humid here already i don't see an impact.
drove around looking for nonessential supplies and all but one cell tower's non operating.
found a route to work so plan to go in and clean up.
saw a lot of helicopters flying around this morning.

As far as my situation, flooding came up to three streets away then backed off. We are dry! The shop and house are in a mess as we moved everything up as high as possible incase water came. Im returning phone calls and making a dent in processing orders today. USPS will probably be back up by Monday? I will be back to normal (business wise) by Monday also. I feel so fortunate and even guilty to have come out of this storm basically untouched. I will also be finding a shelter to donate time to help what little I can. We have a lot of clothing were bringing also. I do know people will be out of there homes for months so anything you can donate to the cause would be awesome. Im going to be offering some sales on timing gear sets and donating the profit to a local charity. Thank you for the kind words/posts.

deejay very sorry to hear you got water. I had a feeling you might. We got over 48" water overall total. Do you need anything?

As far as my situation, flooding came up to three streets away then backed off. We are dry! The shop and house are in a mess as we moved everything up as high as possible incase water came. Im returning phone calls and making a dent in processing orders today. USPS will probably be back up by Monday? I will be back to normal (business wise) by Monday also. I feel so fortunate and even guilty to have come out of this storm basically untouched. I will also be finding a shelter to donate time to help what little I can. We have a lot of clothing were bringing also. I do know people will be out of there homes for months so anything you can donate to the cause would be awesome. Im going to be offering some sales on timing gear sets and donating the profit to a local charity. Thank you for the kind words/posts.
Good for you Leroy, don't feel guilt, just count your blessings. Or, as Gramma used to say: Once in a while the Sun shines on a dogs ass. J/K:D

fans and humidifiers are in and put to work. we will be ripping out lower cabinets and tile/wood floors tomorrow.
we were lucky. across the road, some had it to the ceiling but all were flooded.

Amazing how across the street can make a difference.

I remember in the 80's there was a big flood that came down through Moapa (where my Dad had some land with pigs, chickens,etc. that was wiped out) and through a big part of Vegas. We lived in a trailer near Nellis AFB where my Dad was stationed. Water came up to the door thershold, but didn't come in our home. Almost everyone in our trailer park (about 300 trailers) got water inside, many washed away or under water. Ours was just set up 1 cinder block higher than most for some reason and was very well anchored.

Just luck of the draw.

The high official rain total was 51.88" That really came in two days. It rained pretty much the whole time though.

I was helping a friend for awhile yesterday get furniture out of his house, clean out freezers...ect Were going to volunteer time this weekend at a shelter and bringing clothing.

Im going to run a sale on my Timekeeper for DB2 and donate $100 of each sale to the cause. I'll post a link back here to it when I do.

Glad you made out ok Leroy.

Sorry about your home Deejaa...Glad you are safe though.

I couldn't make the trip with my bay boat, cause it's not running right now...

But I have a lot of close friends that made the trip for the "Cajun Navy" representing.

Glad you made out ok Leroy.

Sorry about your home Deejaa...Glad you are safe though.

I couldn't make the trip with my bay boat, cause it's not running right now...

But I have a lot of close friends that made the trip for the "Cajun Navy" representing.

Cajun Navy was awesome from what I saw on TV.

Leroy / deejaaa

Get ready for the possibility of round #2 . . .

Irma is starting to look like it is going to do a Gulf tour. At its current slow pace, if it happens, it will be at least a week away.

Back