• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LeroyDiesel Hurricane Harvey.

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
(((NOTICE))) I am preparing the properties for Hurricane Harvey. Orders will be slow to process for the next few days. Depending on what Hurricane does I may be off-line for next few days. Orders can still be placed but may not process until after the storm.

Thanks
Leroy

The best of luck to you and your family Leroy, it sounds like your being proactive and smart by preparing for it.

FAMILY FIRST, other things can wait.

According to the news that storm is one that no one should under estimate.

there is a lot of hype related to this storm. i did get 20 gallons of gas, an extra bottle of propane and got the generator started after it's been sitting idle for over 10 years though. gonna get a propane conversion for the generator.

Prayers out for "Y'All"! (Did I say that right?)
Go get your milk sandwiches ready.

Seriously stay safe.
Yes I feel I have to say it, because seems to me, most on this forum is just the kinda person to be the first to jump into a dangerous situation to save someone. Still save them, just do it safe...

There is a mercedes forum I go onto that, well, they kinda need the saving or would be the person just recording the video...

Leroy,
Once everything calms down, lmk when you get some 2xl shirts in. I need to buy a couple, my 12 year old son now wears the large Leroydiesel shirt. haha.

Predicting Category 3 when it makes landfall. 120+mph winds, 20"+ of rain in the northeast quadrant. If they get even 15", most of Houston will be royally f*cked as a lot of it is now at or below sea level due to ground subsidence from pjmping well water. The 10' storm surge will be the worst part of it, especially if it hits anywhere around High Tide. Batten down the hatches, plywood your windows and doors and get the hell out of Houston and head for higher ground at least 30-40 miles inland, Leroy.

Wow, didn't know it was that big of a storm! Be safe!

Prayers out for "Y'All"! (Did I say that right?)
Go get your milk sandwiches ready.

Seriously stay safe.
Yes I feel I have to say it, because seems to me, most on this forum is just the kinda person to be the first to jump into a dangerous situation to save someone. Still save them, just do it safe...

There is a mercedes forum I go onto that, well, they kinda need the saving or would be the person just recording the video...

Leroy,
Once everything calms down, lmk when you get some 2xl shirts in. I need to buy a couple, my 12 year old son now wears the large Leroydiesel shirt. haha.

Which Mercedes Forum? Mercedes owners are more interested in car wax and leather conditioner than mechanical stuff. It's hard to find good mech info on those forums, yet Mercedes are infamous for their repairs.

Predicting Category 3 when it makes landfall. 120+mph winds, 20"+ of rain in the northeast quadrant. If they get even 15", most of Houston will be royally f*cked as a lot of it is now at or below sea level due to ground subsidence from pjmping well water. The 10' storm surge will be the worst part of it, especially if it hits anywhere around High Tide. Batten down the hatches, plywood your windows and doors and get the hell out of Houston and head for higher ground at least 30-40 miles inland, Leroy.

I've been through a direct hit by a Category 3 at the East Cape of Baja. We rode out Kiko back in 1989 in a trailer on the beach. 20" of rain in 24 hours. Unlike Houston, which is flat, Kiko ran into a 7,000' mountain range just 10 to 15 miles from the coast and dumped it's fury there. You know what land not to buy after a hurricane, because it's underwater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Kiko_(1989)

The report says the damage was relatively minor. That's because there was not much there on the East Cape to damage. Bridges were washed out and it took 3 days for the water in the washes to subside before we could get out of there.

Thanks guys, I am hoping for the best. They say our area could get lots of rain and I expect power outages. Bought a LPG generator yesterday Ive been eyeing for last few months.
Anyway will post updates if I have power and internet.

See you on the other side.

Storm is moving into our area. The real rains are starting now. Im going to shut down for now will post again tomorrow or??? depending if we have power.

Which Mercedes Forum? Mercedes owners are more interested in car wax and leather conditioner than mechanical stuff. It's hard to find good mech info on those forums, yet Mercedes are infamous for their repairs.
Peachparts,Mbworld,benz forum, and mbclub.co. Uk
I say go on, just lurk really. Not many helpful people. I have 87 300d (w124 om603).

Are you guys in the path, or safe this time?
We'll get some rainfall that may last until next Thursday or Friday...My father in laws place in bay saint louis, MS will get 2-4 ft of water under his house(he's 14' off the ground)...
of course no one knows what this thing will do once it stalls...some models have it going back into the gulf
and maybe hitting SW La...they really don't know anything past Sunday or Monday

Back