• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LB7 Injectors again....dayum

There was an 01 LB7 awhile back that got traded into a dealer with ~1,000,000 from a boat salesman that had a location in the oregon area and another in Florida and used it to move boats cross country.

I know they can do it but you hardly ever hear of it. The diesel nuts like us end up with a completely different truck and then wanting newer/better eventually so we never see those mile #'s.

My LBZ will need a tranny before it hits 200K at the rate I'm limping it with a load, even in stock HP settings.

I saw it relisted again just a few nights ago too. It is tempting even me as I would like to have an LLY in the BURB.

Do you think the price tag is worth it? Wonder what his bottom dollar would be...

If it is for the complete engine, harness, ECM, intercooler tubes, and such then I would say he is in the ballpark. I've seen engine and trans combos gor for $5-7K on ebay, so it's a toss of the dice really.

Well I can't believe I am going down this road but I miss my truck, I ordered a new set of injectors, FPR and High pressure lines....This will be my last set on the girl. Next time I will find a LBZ motor and drop into her......

LLY doesn't have injector failures.

Glad to hear you're getting it back on the road, it's too bad there aren't any other options...

LLY doesn't have injector failures as often .

Glad to hear you're getting it back on the road, it's too bad there aren't any other options...

I had to make a correction to your statement. There are quite a few LLY's out there with 150K miles on them that would disagree with the statement LLY injectors don't fail. Just like were starting to hear about more and more LMM's that need injectors(the infamous P0087 code has been linked to injector problems).

To be fair, they have been much less prevalent so far than the LB7. I definitely will stand to be corrected...

Sent from Behind the Pine Curtain

I could go with a LLY, but the LBZ does produce more HP stock and I have heard that over all it is a better motor. I guess that if I can find a LLY top end maybe I could just go that route, just a waiting game at this point....I am hoping that the new fuel lines will work better in the long run as well.

LBZ actually had weaker pistons, if you're looking to build power. The LLY is a good motor, just a select few had overheating issues. Never had any with ours...

I could go with a LLY, but the LBZ does produce more HP stock and I have heard that over all it is a better motor. I guess that if I can find a LLY top end maybe I could just go that route, just a waiting game at this point....I am hoping that the new fuel lines will work better in the long run as well.

Isn't the power simply a tune change? Granted they do have a different turbo but to me, seems like a lot of work when you can hit a few key strokes or upgrade the turbo for less money?

Isn't the power simply a tune change? Granted they do have a different turbo but to me, seems like a lot of work when you can hit a few key strokes or upgrade the turbo for less money?
It's a bit more than a tune change, but yes a LLY can be made to put out what an LBZ does.

Truck is in the shop, I should get it out sometime next week. I told them no hurry as I haven't the first clue on where I am going to get the money to pay the bill.....I do miss driving my truck and it was great driving it 20 miles to the dealership. I even honked the train horns when I pulled up....

Truck is in the shop, I should get it out sometime next week. I told them no hurry as I haven't the first clue on where I am going to get the money to pay the bill.....I do miss driving my truck and it was great driving it 20 miles to the dealership. I even honked the train horns when I pulled up....

I just finished doing mine in my driveway...took almost 3 days...

Back