• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just Ordered An HX40WII

Glad you caught it, that goes ugly in a hurry.
I'm glad too! By the time I got out to the shop this morning it had a steady drip.

For the sake of yout beautiful 6.5 please don't use oem style replacements. They are known to fail even when new, the clips that hold them in are a joke.
Its to late Jorge, immediately after posting that message, I headed to the auto parts. They're installed, and no more leak. I'll keep an eye on them, and when the finances permit, I'll upgrade.

I just swapped to the SS braided lines and haven't worried about it since.

The replacement lines you get at the jobbers seem to be pretty hit and miss. May last a couple months or a couple years.

Its all about what your pocketbook can support at the time I guess.....:)

Part of the reason I ordered a kit was I was doing and engine change and oil coolers are easier to replace than flush after a 6.5 diesel SEDS (sudden engine death syndrome) event!

:)
Those are words of wisdom Great White. The replacement lines are already on, and hopefully I'll get more than a couple months. If they can hang on until I've finished saving the money for my performance built DB2, and marine injectors, I'll save for them afterwards. Heaven forbid my 6.5 suffers from SEDS syndrome! :confused: I would really like to save for a Teds 6.5, but would rather do it on my terms, than being forced to cheap out, because my engine is DOA.

X2 on Jorge and Great White posts. I spent the 70 bucks on Dorman replacements. A month later I was saving up for Teds engine from SEDS. Just my 2 cents from bad experience. Its funny how I used to circle check trucks I drove for a living, and hop in my own truck and drive off. Those days are gone. Nice build by the way, and my swap sucked my finances dry 3 times and a few years went by before everything was replaced to my liking. Keep up the posting and pics, Im enjoying your threads.
Can you please clarify that statement? Are you saying you had 1 month old Dorman oil line pop causing engine failure?!?! Or did your engine fail a month after installing them? Please let me know.
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you've enjoyed my threads.:)

Here are a few pics of my oil line install. While I had my truck up on the lift, I noticed my drivers side valve cover is stating to leak from the back. :mad: Its really my fault, as I used the regular black silicone to seal it, when I should have bought the Right Stuff. No big deal, as I'll be replacing my IP, and injectors soon, so I'll take care of that at the same time.

Matt

Attachments

• PC060230 (1024x768).jpg
    PC060230 (1024x768).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 6
  • PC060232 (1024x768).jpg
    PC060232 (1024x768).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 6
  • PC060233 (1024x768).jpg
    PC060233 (1024x768).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 6
  • PC060235 (1024x768).jpg
    PC060235 (1024x768).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 6
  • PC060236 (1024x768).jpg
    PC060236 (1024x768).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 6
  • PC060237 (1024x768).jpg
    PC060237 (1024x768).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 5
I was telling 635 the other day after he mentioned a few new upgrades he wants to do...these things are never "DONE." One just finishes a project to make room for the next one that either needs doing or one the 'good idea fairy' has smacked you over the head with. I call those "Forumitis"; a condition brought on by reading of someone else's cool upgrade idea or, second definition; that feeling that something may be wrong with your 6.5 because someone else just had an issue that you haven't heard of or thought could be wrong with yours but now...

Think I'm joking, how many of you just went and checked your OEM oil lines and or are thinking of upgrading?

I was telling 635 the other day after he mentioned a few new upgrades he wants to do...these things are never "DONE." One just finishes a project to make room for the next one that either needs doing or one the 'good idea fairy' has smacked you over the head with. I call those "Forumitis"; a condition brought on by reading of someone else's cool upgrade idea or, second definition; that feeling that something may be wrong with your 6.5 because someone else just had an issue that you haven't heard of or thought could be wrong with yours but now...

Think I'm joking, how many of you just went and checked your OEM oil lines and or are thinking of upgrading?

:D Great post Paul! That can be very true, and I'm certain I've suffered several severe cases of Forumitis over the the years. :rolleyes: However, I'm not sure that would be an accurate description of the oil line upgrade, as these things are known to be very problematic, and have caused severe cases of pain and suffering over the years. That said, I'm in no hurry to upgrade now that I have new lines, and no more leak. :)

Matt

I'm saying the clip failed and killed the engine. I had read about the issue and double checked that they were installed right. It also was the second set I had replaced on the truck(first set when I got truck), cause they (oem lines) don't last long before they start weeping oil. I've had this truck a long time. My girlfreind still thinks I did this on purpose, to put the engine I wanted in there, like I have thousands of dollars for sudden engine swaps. My Datsun still has no racing engine in it cause of this mishap. I am happy with my swap though and done venting now.

There was a recent thread where someone had there stainless lines routed near the crank pulley and it wore through. Pics were included. I was outside at night, flashlight in hand, making sure mine were not like that. Forumitus is real.

I'm saying the clip failed and killed the engine. I had read about the issue and double checked that they were installed right. It also was the second set I had replaced on the truck(first set when I got truck), cause they (oem lines) don't last long before they start weeping oil. I've had this truck a long time. My girlfreind still thinks I did this on purpose, to put the engine I wanted in there, like I have thousands of dollars for sudden engine swaps. My Datsun still has no racing engine in it cause of this mishap. I am happy with my swap though and done venting now.

I know that had to sting Rob. Ouch! I have a question for you. When installing your lines did you install the clip after pushing the line into the fitting, or did you install the clip first, then just snap the line into the fitting? I ask this because GM has been using this type of clip for a long time, and the only time I ever had a problem was at a garage I worked at about 15 years ago. We had a trans flush machine that required taping into the cooling lines, and of course GM uses a smaller version of this same clip on the trans lines. On one car I was working on, I installed the clip with the line already on the fitting, but I apparently didn't get it quite right, as mid flush the line popped off! What a mess. Anyway, I started installing the clip first, and popping the lines on after that. Never had another problem. Of course I always checked the clip even after doing it this way. I was always glad it happened during the flush. Could you have imagened if it happened after the customer left? I would have been in deep doodoo!:D

Matt

Use that IP money for upgraded lines, you won't regret it. Those upgraded fuel mods won't mean anything if one of those lines blow while driving down the road.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but these stupid lines have killed many 6.5s

I found out on my first replacement to put the clip on first ,cause when I put the clip on after, the line could come off. Those stainless hoses got to be simpler to install than finagling oem lines through the MM hole. Although, a lot of the PIA things I encounter wrenching would be easier with a rotary lift. The other plus about the SS lines is that I have no leaks in those areas. The biggest sting from this is that while the truck sat the rear window leaked and rotted out the cab corner/rocker panel. Those holes let in the rodents and they ate the headliner, carpet and velour of door panels. I had to remove the dash and thouroughly destink under there. The positive is that I fixed the blend door issues while the airbox was out. The cab was perfect beforehand. I should be done welding panels tomorrow and have new interior back in by end of week. Paint will have to wait till warm weather returns. My avatar is the usuall sight of my truck, and people are stopping by to buy parts thinking its a partout.

Use that IP money for upgraded lines, you won't regret it. Those upgraded fuel mods won't mean anything if one of those lines blow while driving down the road.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but these stupid lines have killed many 6.5s
No can do Jorge. I've already sent my IP, and injectors out to a professional, and I have to be prepared to pay the bill. I'm sure you can understand that. Thanks

I found out on my first replacement to put the clip on first ,cause when I put the clip on after, the line could come off. Those stainless hoses got to be simpler to install than finagling oem lines through the MM hole. Although, a lot of the PIA things I encounter wrenching would be easier with a rotary lift. The other plus about the SS lines is that I have no leaks in those areas. The biggest sting from this is that while the truck sat the rear window leaked and rotted out the cab corner/rocker panel. Those holes let in the rodents and they ate the headliner, carpet and velour of door panels. I had to remove the dash and thouroughly destink under there. The positive is that I fixed the blend door issues while the airbox was out. The cab was perfect beforehand. I should be done welding panels tomorrow and have new interior back in by end of week. Paint will have to wait till warm weather returns. My avatar is the usuall sight of my truck, and people are stopping by to buy parts thinking its a partout.
When I bought my truck, it had rodents in it, and although they did minimal damage, the stink was awful, and required me removing much of the dash, and all the carpet, and seats to get cleaned back up. The pic in your avatar is what my truck looked like today. I had the bumper guard, and grill off while changing the lines, and then drove it to the carwash that way, so I could properly clean up the mess. I will say it seemed like the temp gauge ran a little lower that normal with it that way. :)

Matt

I always clean the cooling stack when truck in in that state. It always amazes me how fast leaves and weed seeds get in there. Good luck with the new IP.

I always clean the cooling stack when truck in in that state. It always amazes me how fast leaves and weed seeds get in there. Good luck with the new IP.

Thats good advice, and I was very surprised at the amount of leaves I had built up between the condenser, and radiator. I blew them out, but I only installed the condenser less than 6 months ago. It really is amazing how fast trash can build up in there. Here is a thread I did on this issue awhile back. http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/th...nd-radiator-to-clean-them-periodically.42962/
Thanks for the good wishes on my IP. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much better it does with more fuel. I've made up my mind, that after this final performance mod, I'm done trying to get more power out of it! :rolleyes: While I still have many plans for the truck, I think I better quit trying to add more power, or I may regret it. :D Thanks

Matt

I know I recently said I was going to have Conestoga Diesel build my IP, but I contacted DieselPro to ask him a few questions about my IP, and one thing led to another.. Anyway, after many PM's back and forth talking to him about what I wanted from my IP, I sent my IP, 311 Bosch nozzles, and some core injectors off to him for the performance treatment.
Along with giving the internals the performance treatment, he is also swaping the small GM inlet out for the larger Ford inlet. He then custom made a fitting to allow me to use larger 5/16 hose. It will be awhile before I have the pump back in my possession, but I'm really looking forward to the results. A special thanks to DieselPro for helping me out, and being willing to share lots of really great info. :)
Here the pics of the GM, and Ford inlets, as well as the custom fitting he made. Thanks

Matt

Attachments

• P1010475 (480x360).jpg
    P1010475 (480x360).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010470 (480x360).jpg
    P1010470 (480x360).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010477 (640x480).jpg
    P1010477 (640x480).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010480.JPG
    P1010480.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 9
Diesel Pro is a great guy, very smart and has helped me out with parts a few times in the past too.
He is a great guy to deal with, and he helped me out on getting my current pump working better here recently. I'm very pleased to have him handling my performance pump now. :)

So how long is it gonna be before it's ready?!
He's treating me very well, and I told him to take all the time he needed to work his magic. I'm in no hurry, as my current pump is running well, just not enough fuel for my liking. :D

Matt

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but I've searched and can't find the answer....who is DieselPro and does he have a business, website, etc?? Thanks.

Back