• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ive got my Kojo tune.. Whats next?

I bought my first PMD/cooler from SSD mostly because of price. Heath would have been a much better choice due to the 7 year warranty. SSD's warranty belongs on the toilet paper roll.
No need for warranty,that chunk of alu can't break nor fail, i have 3 of them.

Cali6.5, Post 64, well said.

Bill, Leroy, Dennis, Greg, and other Vendors here and elsewhere, thank you for your support. Your time and effort$ that don't result in sales are much appreciated. Talking customers out of products that they don't need has earned you the respect of your repeat and loyal customers.

6.5L, I'm glad you weren't burned on your rebuilds. I was. Badly through a non-site vendor. Some said he was honorable, I believed it, got burned. That was that.

Ratchetnator, I hope you get the tune you desire or that the tune you choose suites your needs. Be patient, we each drive differently and the sum of our experiences are not alway uniform to everyone. Zumbeispiel, my ATT works wonderfully on Orionthade's truck but we both agree that it isn't what it should be on mine. Life. But I'll not denegrate the turbo, Dennis or Doc cause it doesn't live up to my expectations. Keeping an open mind has helped me realize that, in this case, it is just my truck. Sometimes that's just the way it is.

Good luck all.:hello:

I can understand the att on a 1500 comment. Judging by my winter fuel mpg Idk how much better it could get, I run it for the economy more than the power and hardly ever get into the rpms required to see the benefits of the big turbo.

I was not downgrading the vendor in any way. So don't push that on me. I stated in a previous post that he does make and sell fantastic products. I was just heckling prices. I never once said that the vendor made a shitty product or that he didn't stand behind any of it. I wasn't disrespecting the vendor at all. And I have never honestly found the NAPA here to have anything for a 6.5L. The last call I made down there I sat there arguing with the guy on the phone about what a 6.5L was and he kept trying to tell me they didn't make a Duramax in 1993.

No need for warranty,that chunk of alu can't break nor fail, i have 3 of them.

I meant the PMD C/W cooler Simon. There is nothing wrong with the cooler. SSD won't warranty the PMD if they can get away from it. From what I heard Heath is good with his warranties.

I can understand the att on a 1500 comment. Judging by my winter fuel mpg Idk how much better it could get, I run it for the economy more than the power and hardly ever get into the rpms required to see the benefits of the big turbo.
My opinion only, if one runs the ATT and likes it, great. I enjoyed the ATT but, for what I need to get around on a daily basis, the GM-5 better suited me. I did see better highway fuel mileage but there were other issues that have been gone over. I will say that a good tune makes all the difference though and an ATT definitely runs better with a tune that is tailored to the owner...one size will not fit all.

:???: The things about bigger turbos if done correctly, is not about higher rpm, although a bigger turbo is more efficient at higher rpms. The thing is to get the exhaust out and still be able to have a truck run well. There are a whole lot of opinions, on the ATT. It is a rock solid product tried and proven in a multitude of configurations over many miles,with an exceptional customer service package before and after the purchase.

Sometimes you have to spend a little to save a lot in the long run. Durability certainly plays a roll in any purchase I make: to much time on the side of the road with cheap fixes in my younger days. I used to think bringing my car / truck in after slinging iron in the dealership was fun, those days are gone.

Fix it once be done with it. Always my motto.

:???: The things about bigger turbos if done correctly, is not about higher rpm, although a bigger turbo is more efficient at higher rpms. The thing is to get the exhaust out and still be able to have a truck run well. There are a whole lot of opinions, on the ATT. It is a rock solid product tried and proven in a multitude of configurations over many miles,with an exceptional customer service package before and after the purchase.

Sometimes you have to spend a little to save a lot in the long run. Durability certainly plays a roll in any purchase I make: to much time on the side of the road with cheap fixes in my younger days. I used to think bringing my car / truck in after slinging iron in the dealership was fun, those days are gone.

Fix it once be done with it. Always my motto.

Don't get me wrong, I have spoken to Leroy briefly of getting one (or 2) sent to me. Until I have my tow rig back together I have no need for one yet. My 95 getting good mpg and isn't used to tow, rarely even gets over 60mph I don't need the att for it when the engine is getting repurposed soon anyways. Can't argue with the mpg as it is.

There is not another bolt on kit that I would consider.

It's not the issue of a 1500 being equipped with a ATT I have (2) a K1500 (S) truck & a C1500 (F) burb with ATT; both have better performance & mpg over stock turbo, 99% of my driving is around town driving, towing is the shining star for the ATT but I have no complaints whatsoever in daily driving mode.

What has come to light over the years that subtle nuiances with an individual vehicle sometimes don't match the normal result seen with an ATT install, most times the individuality trait can be found and remedied and other times owner chooses not to find out why an ATT isn't working for them and give up on finding out what the difference is, which is quite discouraging because I personally would like to know what reason is, I hate unresolved problems.

As I said, for a non towing truck that I just putter around in its just fine. I am not looking for performance and I am happy with 19mpg. Not sure I understand why people think I need a better turbo considering the economy I already get (on winter fuel I might add). Seems to me 19 is pretty damn good for a full sized truck.

On my trucks I tow with I feel differently and want a better flowing turbo such as the att.

If I wasn't getting 19mpg and was needing more power I would go for a better turbo w/o a second thought but the truck already serves its purpose.

Back