• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ive got my Kojo tune.. Whats next?

I agree but some of Heaths prices I think are more than what they need to be. i picked up a set of 2300psi pop German Bosch injectors, rebuilt, that I put through a heel of a workout every time I drive, and they are working amazing, and only cost $435, including a $80 core charge and $35 for an installation kit. He wants $589 for just a standard set. Nothing wrong with my rebuilt set compared to that. I think if he knocked about $100 bucks off, it would be a little more reasonable. Same situation as the guys with the First gen 1990 Cummins that has a crappy VE pump, 450K miles, the shitty weak geared 5 speed, and 900 dents on it and half the gauge cluster dont work, and they ask $9000 for it. That truck is maybe worth $4000 to $4500. Just because it has the Cummins doesn't mean it's gods gift to man. Under those same circumstances, my 1993 truck with a fresh motor, spotless interior, no dents, fresh paint, working gauges, and egt and boost gauge and a strong 5 speed should be worth about $11,000. Although somehow I doubt it will sell for that.

Apples to apples, guys. Your comparison between a new Bosch set and a rebuilt set is 2 different things. It wouldbe like comparing 2 different brands.

In your example of the dodge truck, I'm not sure what you're getting at, but its obvious you want the truck or the high price wouldn't bother you. Me, if I didn't like the price, I'd say no thanks and walk away. You seem to think you have the right to be mad at the seller for asking too much?

Maybe I misread your point... Small screen, old eyes.

I agree but some of Heaths prices I think are more than what they need to be. i picked up a set of 2300psi pop German Bosch injectors, rebuilt, that I put through a heel of a workout every time I drive, and they are working amazing, and only cost $435, including a $80 core charge and $35 for an installation kit. He wants $589 for just a standard set. Nothing wrong with my rebuilt set compared to that. I think if he knocked about $100 bucks off, it would be a little more reasonable. Same situation as the guys with the First gen 1990 Cummins that has a crappy VE pump, 450K miles, the shitty weak geared 5 speed, and 900 dents on it and half the gauge cluster dont work, and they ask $9000 for it. That truck is maybe worth $4000 to $4500. Just because it has the Cummins doesn't mean it's gods gift to man. Under those same circumstances, my 1993 truck with a fresh motor, spotless interior, no dents, fresh paint, working gauges, and egt and boost gauge and a strong 5 speed should be worth about $11,000. Although somehow I doubt it will sell for that.

Nobody holds a gun to your head and forces you to buy now do they?:rolleyes5:
I f you think prices are to high to yer liking then fix/ build/rebuild it yourself,..see how you fare...but Quit yer whining.:WTF:

The comparison was just. When rebuilt right, it's just as good as new. The idea I was going at with the dodge was just because they ask it, doesn't mean it's worth that much. I don't see why everybody over values everything. I'm not mad at the seller. I'm just saying he is over-priced is all. And not whining. Just pointing something out. Banks does the same thing. Both Heath and Banks sell fantastic products, but I think with both you are also "buying the name".

And you're buying the product as well as the support. John Deere is expensive. MTD isn't. Which one's gonna be cutting your lawn 800 hours from now?

I agree that rebuilt injectors - done properly, with high- quality parts, are 'good as new'. You also take a risk on rebuilt stuff, because they may not have been done properly.

However, that's not the point.

Run down to NAPA and price a new alternator vs a rebuilt alternator. Big freakin difference in price, the new one always costs more.

Price out a new 4L80e transmission vs a rebuilt. Same thing.

If you think something is overpriced, walk away. But if you look at the prices, there isn't much difference... Certainly not enough to justify comments like 'gods gift to man', 'way over the top', 'are they made of gold?', 'do they come with a mail- order bride?' .

i was saying that CUMMINS OWNERS value the motor like its gods gift to man. Re-read if you missed it. And why price new more than rebuilt if they are the same quality? Why not drop prices down, use quality rebuilt units, and out sell the competitors? Just like you have your opinions that they arent overpriced, i have my opinions that it isnt worth what they are asking

i was saying that CUMMINS OWNERS value the motor like its gods gift to man. Re-read if you missed it. And why price new more than rebuilt if they are the same quality? Why not drop prices down, use quality rebuilt units, and out sell the competitors? Just like you have your opinions that they arent overpriced, i have my opinions that it isnt worth what they are asking

6.5L, I understand what you mean and know where your coming from. Apparently no one on the site wants to hear yours or my opinion. Guess we cant add our 2 cents or we are considered to have an attitude.

6.5, that's the nature of commerce.

the seller asks what he wants... The buyer gets to decide if that price represents good value, and then decides whether to buy or not. Happens every day, at the grocery store, the gas station, the hardware store, etc.

New parts cost more that rebuilt parts at every location; I don't see you whining about that down at NAPA. Instead, you are bashing one of our vendors, who pays so you can play, even when you are shown that his prices are in-line with others.

All I'm saying is that you should exercise your right to not buy from anybody you don't want to.

As for you, Jorge, the exact same thing applies. You think Bill (or any other vendor) is too pricey, fine. When presented with factual information, you kept on beaking off about it. This forum is not your soapbox to bash our vendors.

As for hearing your opinion, we did that. Then we gave ours. You didn't want to hear it.

You were given factual information that refuted your claims, which you decided to ignore.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, just not their own facts.

6.5L, I understand what you mean and know where your coming from. Apparently no one on the site wants to hear yours or my opinion. Guess we cant add our 2 cents or we are considered to have an attitude.

You can add all the cents you want...Or,
You COULD take your ball and go home with it. That'd show 'em...!
You're welcome to come back any time you are willing to act like an adult and show others the same respect they show you. Unfortunately for you Jorge, you're making yourself look very juvenile. I doubt that's your intent.

I didn't have a good experience with heath when I tried to negotiate his prices based on his competition 3yrs ago and he will not get my $. I have my reasons and I am glad others like him but he does not get my vote and I just want to let people know there are other options and there are cheaper options, I wish they were vendors but that's besides the point.

I understand some of his parts are in line and some competitors have gone up in price recently. I own my own business and know if I have room to move up under the bigger guys I WILL.

I appreciate your position, Tanner; like I said, everybody has the right to buy from whomever they want, for whatever reason that makes sense to them. The whole discussion started over the statement that his tuning was too pricey, and the data clearly does not support that statement.

You have the right to try and negotiate with any vendor, and they have the right to set their bottom price. Or to not negotiate at all.

If you have other reasons to not buy from him, that's entirely your call.

Well maybe a different consensus on this. From the standpoint of a new person to this field (barely knows what is being shared here, and I am sure there are more like me) when you dont know how to do certain things for yourself, like get your injectors redone, then you have to rely on someone that does know. The reality is that you know what to do for yourself so you dont need Heath's prices. I dont know so I would rely on him and feel OK with the price because I believe in him and that confidence in him buys me assurance that I am not going to have to deal with this issue after the install. IF you feel confident in you ro someone else modifying or rebuilding your injectors then do that and feel good about the money that you saved. Maybe you will come across something that you are not familiar with and may have to rely on someone else's expertise and pay their price. There are some things that I can do myself and I wouldnt pay someone what they want and others I need to pay for their experience to make sure it goes well. Just a thought to help everyone see the other perspective on both sides.

Nicely put cali6.5. I appreciate that perspective. Like everyone else, I try to DIY as much as I am able and save what I can. My only perspective on this thread is to say it's fine to discuss alternate methods/suppliers but if the price is similar, experience and reputation should win out with most people. And, of course, the guys whose hard earned $ provide this forum for us all to use should have a slight edge over the others who don't contribute if you can appreciate that.

Thanks BTfarm. I started all of this with Heath and I would sure like to not pay so much. That being said... if I had a Dmax I would be paying a bunch as well to modify. In my past I have cut corners and tried things on my own only to have to buy another and work it/figure it out.When I dont know, I am at their mercy. Somethings these vendors have worked out and we pay for that experience. Somethings we know on our own and then we dont pay. to give the naysayers the benefit of the doubt, at least their perspective shows new folks that their is an alternative. It took me a while to relaize that Heath wasnt the only one. It's all perspective

Cali6.5, Post 64, well said.

Bill, Leroy, Dennis, Greg, and other Vendors here and elsewhere, thank you for your support. Your time and effort$ that don't result in sales are much appreciated. Talking customers out of products that they don't need has earned you the respect of your repeat and loyal customers.

6.5L, I'm glad you weren't burned on your rebuilds. I was. Badly through a non-site vendor. Some said he was honorable, I believed it, got burned. That was that.

Ratchetnator, I hope you get the tune you desire or that the tune you choose suites your needs. Be patient, we each drive differently and the sum of our experiences are not alway uniform to everyone. Zumbeispiel, my ATT works wonderfully on Orionthade's truck but we both agree that it isn't what it should be on mine. Life. But I'll not denegrate the turbo, Dennis or Doc cause it doesn't live up to my expectations. Keeping an open mind has helped me realize that, in this case, it is just my truck. Sometimes that's just the way it is.

Good luck all.:hello:

I bought my first PMD/cooler from SSD mostly because of price. Heath would have been a much better choice due to the 7 year warranty. SSD's warranty belongs on the toilet paper roll.

All I can add is I had my injectors and ecm replaced through Heath. Sure I could have cheaped out but I bought from Heath based on reputation and a willingness to stand behind his product. I had asked B&D diesel here in Canada to not beat Heaths price but would they at least match it. I got a long story about how they have labor and overhead expenses and they would not do that. I kindly let them know Heath also has overhead and labor expenses and as far as I could see the only difference is location. B&D diesel is 30 miles while heath is 220 miles away. Even with fuel, wear and tear i still went with heath so yeah you could say I cheaped out.

Back