• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Isuzu 4BD2T diesel swap into Suburban

If it is just a standard shut off arm, you could rig up a CUMMINS P pumped shut off solonoid to it pretty easily probably. Or maybe an electric choke solonoid.

David, it will be hooked to power while in ing only.

Ferm, I have the solenoid from the Isuzu that I'll use. At worst case someone could hook up a manual cable to it.

Well I got some pictures I can post for now. Have to load them first, be back in a minute.

This is the engine hoist that I made a bolt on axle for and welded a 2" trailer ball reciever to. Perfect for when you don't have cargo room for it or only have a car to transport it.
DSCN3276.JPG

I made it official in my mind that the Isuzu is a keeper, so put the "Isuzu Diesel" decals on it.
DSCN3279.JPG
DSCN3282.JPG

do you remove the rubber wheels when you use the lift or leave them on?
can you now start posting in the Duramax section?

Cool decals
Thanks Bro!

Does this mean you wont try a 4bt swap next? just curious

Not at all. My brother has a 4bt and a 4x4 94 Suburban that we are going to put one in.
do you remove the rubber wheels when you use the lift or leave them on?
can you now start posting in the Duramax section?

I can start my own club for the Duramin, I'll be the only one in it :hihi:

Yes trailer wheels come off to use the hoist.

Awesome, a side by side comparison! 4x4 vs 4x2 but still close enough in my book to know which is better mpg and power wise. Looking foward to that build.

Your up late!
94 1500 DIESEL harness would be the same.
Im going to start my next search for a 4door short bed. They were only in gassers I think and were pretty rare. Anyone know what year those started? I saw a Suburban a couple weeks ago that they had cut the roof off just behind the rear door and fabed in a truck rear window and made the rear area into a bed. They did a very nice job on it (i'd drive it). I have always wanted to mod the tailgate on a truck to except modified Suburban barn doors. I think the way they open outward is a better design than a tailgate. Reason being is if you are carrying something heavy you can set the load down in the bed with barn doors. With a tailgate you have to musle the load over the gate. With a 100# load of ?? it can/does strain my back.

I saw a Chevrolet or GMC full size blazer at the wrecking yard today with barn doors. It might be easier to convert them over to a bed since they stop at or around the same height as a bed. By there price it would be around $55 per side at the local wrecking yard.

Just an idea! :thumbsup:

Hi, what year was the one you saw? I thought 1972, or 1973, was the last year for removable Blazer tops.

Nope the newer ones the top comes off just not above the driver.

It had the newer style dash so a 95 up.

I should have took some pics of it, it was not in bad shape at all.

Back