• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Installing An Affordable Intercooler

I included the image with arrows showing airflow into cac and out back and down and into lower airdam which enhances the flow by pulling the air out and down of the back of cac.

View attachment 43282
Thanks for the great illustration! I think for the time being, I'm going to try to build a scoop for pushing air threw the CAC until I see if it has any negative affects on my engine cooling. If it does, I'll try working something out for the rear air dam. Once again, thanks.

Matt

Any updates or?

I haven't got around to adding the scoop yet, but I will. I did install a small oil catch can between the CDR and turbo. Although I don't get much oil through the CDR, I figure this would help keep it cleaner inside. This is one of the few catch cans I could find that had the large 3/4" nipples.
The clear vinyl hoses are temporary, as my Orielly auto was our of the 3/4 Gates Green Stripe that I like to use, but they will have some later this week. Here are a couple pics.

Matt

Attachments

• PC010220 (1024x768).jpg
    PC010220 (1024x768).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 14
  • PC010221 (1024x768).jpg
    PC010221 (1024x768).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 14
  • PC010223 (1024x768).jpg
    PC010223 (1024x768).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 12
  • PC010224 (1024x768).jpg
    PC010224 (1024x768).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 13
  • PC010226 (1024x768).jpg
    PC010226 (1024x768).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 12
Thanks! I can't see spending 100 and up bucks for a can. Great Britain never should have relinquished Hong Kong back to China.

on egt: needle mega bounced. on boost it bounced so much I thought I had a sticking intake valve. oil pressure gauge was off by about 10% high. I was not impressed by the customer service either. All 3 of these had the problems at around 6 months old. I had to pay shipping back to them, they sent them all back about a month later and the "fixes" lasted about 2 weeks (the boost gauge wasn't the same one I sent in). When I called them up, they said I was too far out of warranty. I went back to autometer or vdo and been happy.

on egt: needle mega bounced. on boost it bounced so much I thought I had a sticking intake valve. oil pressure gauge was off by about 10% high. I was not impressed by the customer service either. All 3 of these had the problems at around 6 months old. I had to pay shipping back to them, they sent them all back about a month later and the "fixes" lasted about 2 weeks (the boost gauge wasn't the same one I sent in). When I called them up, they said I was too far out of warranty. I went back to autometer or vdo and been happy.
Ouch! Well, thats certainly food for thought! Thanks Will.

Matt

Back