• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I’m done with bosch glowplugs

Will L.

Reaction score
Only recomending or using AC DELCO 60 G from now on.

The bosch 80034 is off my list. I only use or recommend the self regulating in order to avoid the annoying swelling, but more importantly the element braking off and destroying engine. Which leads me to...560045600556006

Maybe 10,000 miles on the glowplugs. I never found the element. Can’t see any head damage of valve damage. Turbo seems ok.
Called bosch warranty, have a claim filed. Waiting for return call.

I was replacing pistons anyways, so no real loss other than could have sold a set of matching optimizer pistons for $. Also the damaged square precup. I am going to put in my diamonds anyways for this build. But out the parts precups to put together the gm block.

Annoying to try buying top quality and it fails.

Damn... Ironically one of my questions for y'all was going to be best glow plugs I guess I know now... Sorry that happened to you delisa didn't do any real damage aside from to your pocket

I ordered a set of the Bosch duratherm glow plugs, and had 4 connector flat pins fall off the glow plug. Can´t say I was very impressed by them..

Soooo...a/c Delco it is....now onto injectors..lol...is it possible to have that head resurfaced??.. seems like somebody told me you could have them redone

I think Svein is about the 6th person I herd say the electrical connection falling off.

Bosch did ask when I spoke to them where they cane from wanting to make sure not ebay- as there are some knock off ones out there.
They gave me a warranty claim number and were supposed to follow up, frok a different department. I filed the claim the same day I started this thread. Haven’t heard anything yet...

I´ve kept the bad glows somewhere - I was thinking I was gonna try to return them, but in the end of the day I can´t be bothered. I ordered mine via RockAuto, so maybe it´s worth a shot? I´m kind of thinking it´s gonna cost me more to ship them back to the US than the refund would be.

It´s really irritating though - In the end of the day, it cost me more than to buy them all at the local dealer. They sell the rx glow plugs, it turned out. He said they were self-limiting, so I´m hoping that´s true. I haven´t really read anything to prove it, though..

I can't find anywhere to test thr extra injection pump I have let alone test injectors..lol... . How do you guys find places thst do it??

Just for future reference... Are the AC Delco injectors and glow plugs good or only one or the other?? After seeing the damage those glow plugs did to your engine.. I want to plan in advance to save up money.. I want to try to learn from problems y'all have had...

I´ve kept the bad glows somewhere - I was thinking I was gonna try to return them, but in the end of the day I can´t be bothered. I ordered mine via RockAuto, so maybe it´s worth a shot? I´m kind of thinking it´s gonna cost me more to ship them back to the US than the refund would be.

It´s really irritating though - In the end of the day, it cost me more than to buy them all at the local dealer. They sell the rx glow plugs, it turned out. He said they were self-limiting, so I´m hoping that´s true. I haven´t really read anything to prove it, though..
Diesel rx glow plugs are questionable at best. I know at one time they were using wellman automotive products, or WAP to manufacture there glow plugs. WAP is the infamous POS glow plugs that SSdiesel sells. I know in the DURAMAX world they have caused more than a few to have no starts.

I can't find anywhere to test thr extra injection pump I have let alone test injectors..lol... . How do you guys find places thst do it??
If you are not opposed to shipping there are a couple of places I use. One place you can find in a search here - in Michigan I believe - I posted up about getting injectors rebuilt there. They did an excellent job and others have used them also.

The other place is Kris Stratton at Midland Diesel Service

So an update:
They never called me back. I called and got transferred, then computer phone system takes name and number- with no call back.
Then called today and got a person, after 3rd call to them
Today and saying don’t transfer me unless you know a person is going to answer- I spoke to someone.

I have to try to find a receipt with 1 or more 80034 bosch plugs on it from an authorized dealer. No one online other than Amazon is an authorized dealer not even R.A.
Even buying from amazon it has to say SELLER and SHIPPER is amazon or no warranty.

Pepboys, oriellys, autozone, etc- they are all authorized and IF I magically find a receipt between March and November of 2018 that doesn’t list someone else’s name- then I can proceed with a warranty.
Otherwise- brick wall.

For anyone buying anything bosch- if you buy it from a non authorized seller like RA, then you have to get them to warranty the part and any engine damage.

I was really hoping they would step up for an obvious part manufacture error and chip in a few bucks for me having to rebuild this engine.

The cash would obviously help, but if a receipt gets magically found- it would be interesting to see if they even think about the cost of a piston or precup.

I really don’t think they want one of their parts reps or corporate folks to ever run into me. Not in a good frame of mind from this.

Can't say as I blame you.. half the reason I hate the whole thing of ordering stuff online..they sell us faulty stuff that breaks our equipment then they say oh well it's your problem

Same basic prices. What ever is on sale is what is lowest price usually.
But from now on unless Bosch steps up with a fat check- I don’t care, 60G is all I will buy even if $20 a plug.

Back