• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hummer Fan clutch setup

Buy my extra pump !!!

:rof:
You know what...after the junk I just got from Advance, I may. Post some good pics of the vein side with a tape measure from the impellor to both ends of the veins. If it's not mismade like all the junk I have seen lately I will buy it. I'm gonna need one for the CUCV serp belt conversion.
If there is any question of what I am talking about read my Chinese junk WP's thread.

Last edited:
Just as a side note, I've removed the a/c condenser from 2 of my trucks. They can't hardly get up to operating temp even with old fan clutches. It made a huge difference getting them out of the air flow.

I believe that. That was why I pondered losing the Oil Cooler for an internal one.

Now here's a question. Is the air flow really so much better in the OBS(gmt-100) trucks that the condenser doesn't matter? Mine ran the same temp with or without the condenser installed, and doesn't seem to care if the A/C is running or not. Only difference i notice is a tad more boost if the big ol A6 is running. Can feel when i turn it off/on, but temp seems to stay the same.

Now here's a question. Is the air flow really so much better in the OBS(gmt-100) trucks that the condenser doesn't matter? Mine ran the same temp with or without the condenser installed, and doesn't seem to care if the A/C is running or not. Only difference i notice is a tad more boost if the big ol A6 is running. Can feel when i turn it off/on, but temp seems to stay the same.

Yes, the airflow on the 88-00 body-style is horrible through the stack. The design is too aerodynamic. This gets you good MPG unloaded but can't keep you cool loaded. Removing restrictions and better fans get results. The OBS doesn't need 'results'

I hate to resurrect an old thread but..... I have taken the plunge on this project for my 95 burb, found a fan blade on eBay, and a good used fan clutch as well (thanks chief for the part numbers). And managed to track down a 12 volt fan solenoid. The part number I found was 1059-06607-01 that's a kysor number and according to Borg Warner tech support it is the same one, if the part number ends in -02 it's 24v. I have a question about the serp pulley before I order. As per the posts by chief his part number is 12469472 and mascara lists it as Pulley water pump but there is another one listed as RCSK18221. Any hummer experts (hopefully chief ) that can help me complete the puzzle

Well I got my water pump pulley and bolts today and fan solenoid the clutch and fan arrive soon so will update when I get them installed, should be fairly straight forward as the hummer engines use all the same other pulleys as a civilian one

It is installed and working awesome! I was going to start a new thread when I get back from vacation with a bunch of pictures and a video of it working .....just have the a/c and temp switch to install. And I will post all the part numbers. Be aware though u will need a machinist to make it work....more soon

Thanks. Can you PM me when you start the new thread as I don't check this a lot since my truyck is back in the state and I won't be back to it for a while.

It is installed and working awesome! I was going to start a new thread when I get back from vacation with a bunch of pictures and a video of it working .....just have the a/c and temp switch to install. And I will post all the part numbers. Be aware though u will need a machinist to make it work....more soon

Do you have a part number for the temp sensor in the crossover pipe and the delay module? Thanks

I'll look him up. I have several of the Humvee clutches and some of the other parts so I would like to get one of these setups working. Thanks

Back