• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HOLY CRAP! Billet compressor wheel for the factory turbo.

Lol, I think I might have "stepped on someones toes".

The Ebay seller has removed all the part numbers from all his auctions that were KTS part numbers and replaced them with the part number for the turbos that the wheel fits.

I never intended to "out" the gent.

He did alright by me.

Feel no guilt. Although he corrected the mistake with you, it was apparent it is not how everyone was handled. If everyone got ideal service, no one would have second guessed the guy at all - everyone would have helped him sell more.

He is not a designer or manufacturer, he offers a SERVICE of resale from the manufacturer to the public. That requires consistency in quality service. A certain amount of time is required in resale, either in customer service, or in other places to make up for lack of customer service time. In this case redoing his ebay store-twice so far.

Hopefully he will learn to give all his customers the proper attention he gave you and all can prosper from it.

The Ebay seller has removed all the part numbers from all his auctions that were KTS part numbers and replaced them with the part number for the turbos that the wheel fits.

I never intended to "out" the gent.

Am sure that getting Google shots of his storefront (aka: house / shed) had nothing to do with it either :lmao:

And changing the part numbers eBay only indicates a lack of licensing / reseller agreement with KTS. Just say-in as I'm *sure* that noooooobody else will want to resell them . . . :doh:

be nice to see , hear, actual results from people installing and using this wheel

Am sure that getting Google shots of his storefront (aka: house / shed) had nothing to do with it either...

Nothing anyone else couldn't do with the address posted on his web site, which is where his shop interior pics are also posted.

Not like its a national secret or something. It is posted on the internet after all...

Turbovanman, can we get an update on the wheel installed in the customer's truck...feedback and such.

Got a friend out here that's drooling over mine and I'm willing to let him go for it. Just wondering to expect.

He's very happy, a few psi lower, running a TM which we didn't adjust, pullls way better up hills pulling his big 5th wheel. All in all, he said worth doing but as most, he's looking for more so I will be installing an HX40 sometime this year. He tows 12,000+ lbs.

Well, i got the Wicked Wheel 2 from Quadstar tuning, didnt know about the shaft hole sizing until I did a innernet search and low and behold, here it is. 😹😹😹
Took the wheel over to the local machine shop, spent about 20 minutes and He had the wheel fitting the shaft as it should.
Got the turbo pretty much back together and the turbines rotates smooth and easy. Old thread I know, just hadda revive it.
Thank You very much turbovanman for creating this thread.

Now that you bring this up- haven’t heard from him for a long time. Anyone hear from him?
@turbovanman - The quick link thing doesn’t seem to work for him.
On edit: it filled in blue, but the name didn’t auto populate.
Yeah, Be nice to see some of them old timers return. If his email addy has not changed, he should get the message.

I can say this about the WW2 on the 6.5.
For the very first time I have heard the sound of the turbo. Had the hood open and the truck setting in the garage, but, I have had the truck in this same situation before and I have never heard a peep out of the turbo.
What it will do for the boost, IDK, it should not change that much as it is computer controlled, other than, it might climb a bit quicker.
what it will do for the EGTs, IDK that too. LOL Guess if I ever have the opportunity to hook on to a load and make a tow, I will find out.

First I apologize for reviving this old thread. I just read through the whole thing and really appreciate all the info put into it, found the website linked above and located the compressor wheel. I have been wondering myself on purchasing the WW2 for my truck just for a minor budget improvement and to "hear" my turbo other than from the tail pipe. I am questioning the od of the wheel if it's exactly the same or not for installing on a GM8 that has some small amount of shaft side play. currently I have no issues with the side play, the wheel does not contact the compressor housing. if I were to install a WW2 wheel, would contact with the compressor housing become an issue?

Other things I have been looking at is the GMx turbos and the drive pressure ratio issues and wondering if the 4" exhaust kits alleviate some of this drive pressure or is the restriction within the manifold and turbo connection before the downpipe connection?

btw here is an updated link of the site mentioned above with the listed part number.

I dont know about these turbo wheels.
I did install a WW2 into the GM8 turbo on My 2000 K3500 6.5 and it would begin to build pressure quicker, it did whistle a little louder. My deaf ears could actually hear it.
It did not build more pressure as that is controlled by the control module.
There is some guy has youtube videos that has posted various setups. The WW relieved a little drive pressure on the 6.5 but I dont remember the figures.

First I apologize for reviving this old thread. I just read through the whole thing and really appreciate all the info put into it, found the website linked above and located the compressor wheel. I have been wondering myself on purchasing the WW2 for my truck just for a minor budget improvement and to "hear" my turbo other than from the tail pipe. I am questioning the od of the wheel if it's exactly the same or not for installing on a GM8 that has some small amount of shaft side play. currently I have no issues with the side play, the wheel does not contact the compressor housing. if I were to install a WW2 wheel, would contact with the compressor housing become an issue?

Other things I have been looking at is the GMx turbos and the drive pressure ratio issues and wondering if the 4" exhaust kits alleviate some of this drive pressure or is the restriction within the manifold and turbo connection before the downpipe connection?

btw here is an updated link of the site mentioned above with the listed part number.

I also got the turbo rebuild kit and installed that when I went in with the WW.
I didnt want to take any chances of the turbo leaking oil into the intake and causing a run away enjun condition.

I just found a post on one of the FB groups mentioning the drive pressure ratios with the WW2. the guy posted drive pressures a 4psi boost had 7psi drive pressure (1.75:1) and at a 17psi spike at WOT was 23psi drive pressure (1.35:1) this was with a heath tune, 2.5" crossover and a diamond eye 3" downpipe and 4" exhaust. but the guy had the pressure gauge plumbed into the rear turbo exhaust housing and not in the manifold.

Back