• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HOLY CRAP! Billet compressor wheel for the factory turbo.

When the waitress refills my glass, that is not good customer service, she is doing her job per the agreement of my being a customer. When she returns the steak to the chef who cooks it more to get it to my liking, that to is not good customer service, that is his job. When the chef opts to replace it with a better cut of meat for my troubles, or at least comes to the table to ensure satisfaction; or the waitress makes ME smile while telling me they will get it right and I can enjoy my meal without concern of the staff committing improper actions to my food- That is good customer service. That is worthy of spreading the word of the business and appropriate praise to the employees.

Selling a part that works as advertised is required. To talk about everyone thinks they are a turbo expert... I expect bearings to fit a crankshaft without the assembly person being an expert. He is marketing to the layman on ebay, not the expert. Completely inexcusable. If it were me I would send back the uninstalled non fitting pieces for a refund and cut my losses. Not doing so is rewarding him for marketing and selling to the wrong people at least, at most a plain rip off. Even if I broke even by eating shipping costs to get the refund I would do it to ensure his profit margin is not at full tilt from screwing me.

Turbovanman at least got a decent response, but did I miss something there? Did you have to pay extra in labor for correcting it? Did he take any action on your behalf? It sounds to me like you told him you had it fixed and just let him know and his basic response was "ok I will look at the future ones". If something goes wrong with that blade guess where the odds are on him squaring it away for you.

Kinda sucky but I was hoping to hear this is the wheel to buy for mine when its rebuild time. Not now, and I don't care if it adds 50 hp, 50 torque, and 5mpg. This guy deserves an in person visit imo.

Got it installed, so now we have to wait and see if the customer notices any differences. He took some pretty good notes.

BTW, the shaft hole needs reaming, its way too tight, luckily the machine shop around the corner had the right reamer.

Pics later.

What is "the right reamer" I bought one of these as well and I just want to know if my local engine shop will have the right tools. If he doesn't Abbotsford ain't far away I will be in Richmond possibly on 15 Mar what shop did you use.

Thanks

Turbovanman at least got a decent response, but did I miss something there? Did you have to pay extra in labor for correcting it? Did he take any action on your behalf? It sounds to me like you told him you had it fixed and just let him know and his basic response was "ok I will look at the future ones". If something goes wrong with that blade guess where the odds are on him squaring it away for you.

I tried to install it, found it was too tight, walked around the corner to my Machine shop, borrowed a reamer and reamed out the hole, called him, he did say some turbo's have a tight fit and I said BS on this one, he said he'd dig into it, called me back saying I was 100% correct and the manufacterer also agreed, said he'd fix the ones in stock. I also did get my shipping costs back due to him running out of wheels.

What is "the right reamer" I bought one of these as well and I just want to know if my local engine shop will have the right tools. If he doesn't Abbotsford ain't far away I will be in Richmond possibly on 15 Mar what shop did you use.

Thanks

The shaft is either 7 or 8mm, I'll check sometime today. The Machine shop is NT Machine. Any machine shop should have the right reamer, due to valve guides etc.

He covered your shipping costs for a different problem, which was handled right. He would have had to eat more shipping costs if you returned it for a fixed one. the fact that a machine shop is next door and you were not out $20 to have it fixed, only your lost work time, is irrelevant to the fact it should not have been your problem. For you to take care of it without any squabble is proof you are a nice guy, but for others who are not as lucky to be next door to a shop that will loan tools for free is simply not fair.

I hope it works out for your customer and you in the long run.

He covered your shipping costs for a different problem, which was handled right. He would have had to eat more shipping costs if you returned it for a fixed one. the fact that a machine shop is next door and you were not out $20 to have it fixed, only your lost work time, is irrelevant to the fact it should not have been your problem. For you to take care of it without any squabble is proof you are a nice guy, but for others who are not as lucky to be next door to a shop that will loan tools for free is simply not fair.

I hope it works out for your customer and you in the long run.

I didn't say that it was fair, I simply posted what he's done for me so far.

I agree, it not fitting shouldn't be the customers problem, it does seem after the initial frothing he offered to fix "chevydiesels" wheel free but that was after his tirade which I don't understand.

Yes, I am lucky I have a machine shop locally but I am sure for anyone else who bought a wheel, a few donuts or coffee to the local machine shop would have it reamed out, it took 10 secs to do it, and again, that isn't right but the world isn't perfect, sometimes you have to take the horns into your own hands.

Hey turbovanman, if you talk the seller again, refer him to this thread. He obviously doesn't realize that without these forums no one would be buying his product. Once it started getting discussed here and on the place his sales sky rocketed on this wheel. For him to dismiss that shows just exactly how ignorant he really is.

Anyone want to see a youtube of this wheel being destroyed by a BFH? lol

Too bad we don't know who is actually making it. By his comment of "let them know" he is a retailer and there could be other sources for the product. I'm sure a simple ream at the end of the line is no big deal to the mfr.

I tried to install it, found it was too tight, walked around the corner to my Machine shop, borrowed a reamer and reamed out the hole, called him, he did say some turbo's have a tight fit and I said BS on this one, he said he'd dig into it, called me back saying I was 100% correct and the manufacterer also agreed, said he'd fix the ones in stock. I also did get my shipping costs back due to him running out of wheels.

The shaft is either 7 or 8mm, I'll check sometime today. The Machine shop is NT Machine. Any machine shop should have the right reamer, due to valve guides etc.
actually the size of the shaft is neither of these, its a 6mm shaft.... this is funny beyond belief, this is what happens when something is pushed before there is actual factual documentation and testing, imagine his profit margin for selling 200 wheels between 2 forums..... i hope for the sake of everyone who bought one of these that the only problem is the hole size, and they dont start coming apart/exploding from being taken out of balance from "reaming them out"...... this is pretty lame all around......

... i hope for the sake of everyone who bought one of these that the only problem is the hole size, and they dont start coming apart/exploding from being taken out of balance from "reaming them out"...
Couple of tenths reamed out isn't going to effect balance. Couple of thou -maybe- if it's a butcher job.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Tenths is engineer speak for tenths of a thousandth. .. Just to clarify

Sent from my SCH-I535

Hey turbovanman, if you talk the seller again, refer him to this thread. He obviously doesn't realize that without these forums no one would be buying his product. Once it started getting discussed here and on the place his sales sky rocketed on this wheel. For him to dismiss that shows just exactly how ignorant he really is.

Anyone want to see a youtube of this wheel being destroyed by a BFH? lol

Yeah, I'll point him here and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I'll take it, lol.

Too bad we don't know who is actually making it. By his comment of "let them know" he is a retailer and there could be other sources for the product. I'm sure a simple ream at the end of the line is no big deal to the mfr.

Of course he's a reseller, he doesn't make it, he has it made, just like all the other guys.

Couple of tenths reamed out isn't going to effect balance. Couple of thou -maybe- if it's a butcher job.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Agreed. Now if I'd taken some meat off the blades, then we'd have something to be worried about.

i looked on fle-bay for the wheel.....says no longer available.......so is the seller not selling any more?......vanman did the one you put in stay together?

i looked on fle-bay for the wheel.....says no longer available.......so is the seller not selling any more?......vanman did the one you put in stay together?

Maybe he didn't like the bad feedback on the shaft issues and said screw it? If so, he just shot himself in the foot!

So far, its been a week but honestly, looking at it, I can't see how it come apart.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I think your Dyslexia is kicking in Mike:D

Tenths is engineer speak for tenths of a thousandth. .. Just to clarify

Sent from my SCH-I535

OK Mike, I didn't know that.

In my world that would translate as tenths of a foot. LOL

Took me 5 minutes or so to get what Leo meant. ..:hihi:
With different interpretations in English I can see how a foreigner would be confused

Sent from my SCH-I535

Yeah, machinist talk .0001 is a tenth, of a thousandth (.001).

Example .0008 is 8 tenths of a thousandth.

Mainly machinists are concentrating on the smallest big number they work with, which is usually in the thousandths (.001)

Back