• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High capacity k47 vs non ??

Yea the MAF was a very limited thing it seems. I've never seen one in person, as i've never seen anything other than "F" code engines that were OBD II. It's probably one of the ways the ECM "figures out" how much EGR to allow into the intake. The ECM sees X amount of air and knows to put in Y amounts of exhaust gasses more or less is how i think it works.

One nice thing about the MAF is it's like a secondary screen. If say a damn critter chews through your air filter(yes i've seen them do it, how i don't know) that MAF will prevent chunks of debris from getting sucked into your turbo. Other than that the MAF is worthless IMO.

The MAF was more common than you might think. Ive sold a bunch of filter kits for trucks with them.

dieselslug and deere3594, PM me with prices on your round air box related goodies that are for sale, as long as Aces got fixed up that is.

Does anyone have just a lower portion of a K47 box laying around. I got frustrated and threw mine. It's JB welded together now but one of the clips broke and yeah.......

Check the for sale sections here and at the place. Somebody had a lower half for sale. They were missing the lid.

It's possible to make a new mounting bracket. I've had to make 2. Because somebody didn't take the few seconds to splooge some never-seez on when they installed the K-47's for me. I get really irritated when a 5 minute job turns into hours because somebody saved all the time it would have taken to use a little anti-seez lubricant.

The mount on mine is fine, i'm talking about the lid locking clip.

I haven't seen any in the FS section and I don't go to the place.

Back