• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High capacity k47 vs non ??

You do use the piece that holds the box to the fender, so hopefully it comes with it, if its already absent. Its not the snorkel, but like a large plastic grommet the air box connects to

hmmm. that is the problem. All the ones I called about are already off the trucks and the junkys didn't take that part. I wonder if it's still available from GM and how much...

i could've sworn the air boxes between K47 and non-K47 were different.

When i got my round filter box from a friends 98 K2500 the larger of the 2 filters did not fit in the box. the small of the 2 fit perfectly. The difference in the fiter sizes isn't huge, but it is a significant amount.

OK now. Lets get this cleared up. 10 points to the first guy to post a pic of a factory GM fullsize truck, non-K47, round stlye air box that WILL NOT fit the large filter. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I've never seen one, just heard rumors. If we get pics of it, then it's proof and we can compare! Wonder if I know anyone with a 96up 2wd 1/2ton with a V6.........

I called GM for shits and giggles to get a price on one. I used the vin from the burb(it has the k47)..Everything is discontinued except the rubber boot. 209$ for the boot...Ouch. I'd buy the Heath/S&G one before I spent that.

When yall buy these K47s used, what are they going for? I got one I might sell if its worth anything

Junky is anywhere from 50-100$. PM me with a price. I need everything, the boot if you have it and more importantly the piece that goes in the fender.

I thought it was just 1 option, the K47 box. Which could fit the regular round filter, or the severe duty round filter.. Here are pics of mine. Originally came off a 1998 K3500 at the junkyard. I paid 30 bucks for it complete. I still have the rubber part off the turbo and the plasticy elbow if anyone wants or needs them. Flow with the old rubber and PVC pipe is much better!

Attachments

• IMG_2060.jpg
    IMG_2060.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2062.jpg
    IMG_2062.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2063.jpg
    IMG_2063.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 14
Excellent, I have two square box boots. Good to know and yes I know Leroy, you pointed that out as well, credit where credit is due.. :D

DS, I like the filter indicator gauge. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Its actually a very nice thing to have. Sometimes the filter can be pretty clogged without even looking at it. I can pickup a new filter for 11 bucks at my NAPA (student discount) so even if i see a little orange on that bugger i change it.

Back