• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High capacity k47 vs non ??

so do you guys just get rid of your maf sensors entirely when using the 3 inch street elbow? my truck is tuned so do i need it?

maf 1.jpg

What is this that is located right behind my air filter that has a weatherpack connector connected to it. it has a screen on it too

That is a damn good question. I have worked on and seen many many 6.5tds of all vintage and never seen that before. Aftermarket SteakSauce product perhaps ??

............. WTF

Maybe someone added it in for something, maybe tuning purposes!? NEVER seen that, EVER on a 6.5L

i havent tried it. i will tommorow. my truck came completley stock though. the ecm was remanfactured though when i took it out to replace it with the one from kojo so maybe they were tuning it but a stock exhaust? idk

Definately looks like a MAF....definately don't need one on a 6.5..... Maybe someone added it as an "adapter" to join two pieces of hose? Just a thought.

WOW.

It's factory.

97-98 only, L56 6.5L Vin S (EGR) trucks have them. Same MAF that GM has used on basically everything....

It's Item #6. GM part 25179711 / ACDelco #213-353

960812TC03-078.gif

I'm dumbfounded.

my knew my truck was special. according to that one website it was built the day before my birthday. lol! heres some pics.

maf3.jpgmaf4.jpgmaf5.jpgmaf7.jpgmaf6.jpg

Wait just read your sig, if you are running a Kojo tune I would think you could lose that thing. Unplug it and see if you code or talk to Kojo and see if his tune ignores it.

Back