• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help a Brother Out #2

Okay boys I want y'all's opinion... Our county is doing a county wide mandate starting Monday... It last 30 days I don't really understand that.... Pretty much the whole kitchen staff where I work is walking out... My personal opinion is that I won't conform no matter what... Am I wrong.?? I'm not being rhetorical I'm being literal

We have a piss poor Constitution compared to the USA, even here it is against our "Human Rights"
A line from our Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

We have the same Creator my friend. This means He created all of us and those rights given by him are to everyone, not just people behind a barrier on a map. You have the same rights- assert them.

A line from our Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

We have the same Creator my friend. This means He created all of us and those rights given by him are to everyone, not just people behind a barrier on a map. You have the same rights- assert them.
Don't worry Will, they will be asserted :)

Masking and testing multiple times a week bringing results to boss for now, there pushing for more.. if we give on one there going to push the other.... Yeah I know "technically" the masks are supposed to be required anyhow. But nobody has enforced it ... . I took this job because they were leaving us alone about that stuff and they didn't require anything except a days work for a days pay...but telling us that we have to wear them working around all the flames, and splashing hot grease?? Not a chance..that's asking to get burned ... everyone is saying we're showing up for work and trying to clock in as is... And see if they tell us to mask up and present a negative test result... If they refuse to let us we're going to force them to fire us...yeah I know I'm putting myself out of work if that happens... But I'm watching what is happening in other countries... It's coming here if people don't stand up and say hell no I'm not going to comply.. I'm free and I will stay that way if it kills me or gets me killed.. . I work my butt off for a whole whopping 330 dollars a week at most... Maybe in some areas that's alot but here in new York with a wife and kid to support that isn't squat...I paid 3.98 a gallon for fuel today.. and 4.09 a gallon for milk... So for the 30 gallons it'll take me to get back and forth to work for a week it costs me a third of my pay check.... For what? So they can regulate the hell out of me? Push me around? Make me bend to there dictators will??? I know guys that are collecting unemployment making more..
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to go off on anyone or anything.. you guys are the best friends I have . But it's 3 in the morning here.. I'm still up.. trying to figure out how to make it through the week and if I should bend over and take it instead of standing for what's right like I was raised to do....

So, you're saying you don't care who you may infect or kill, or who may infect and kill you, all over a little piece of synthetic material designed to keep micro droplets containing viruses from entering the air? The same ones surgeons wear for 12 hour plus operations so the don't breathe germs and viruses into the cut open bodies of their patients? There's already over 750,000 Americans dead because of this virus and its mutations, you'd think that real Americans would want to do the right thing and save as many lives of their fellow Americans as possible, instead of murdering more Americans because of their own selfishness and ignorance.

If 70 years ago people in America thought just like you about the two Polio vaccines, not only would thousands of Americans would still be dying of Polio, but the ones that wouldn't be dying of it would make Iron Lung and Leg Brace Manufactures Fortune 500 Companies.

What good would you be to your wife and kids, if just to prove some kind of who knows what truly stupid point, you wind up in the ICU on a ventilator, drowning on your own juices as your lungs fill up and there's nothing that can be done to stop it, yet wearing a mask and getting vaccinated would have prevented your wife being widowed and your kids fatherless. But hey, you're proving your point that you don't give a sh*t about anybody but yourself based off of some misplaced idea that being an American means you don't give a rat's rear about your fellow citizens, like the ones whose money spent provide your paycheck. Did it ever cross your mind that if you and your coworkers don't do this, that your employer could just simply go out of business if we go into lockdowns again because of the uncontrolled spread and overwhelming of our limited hospital ICU resources.

Every COVID patient in an ICU is one less bed for your dad who's had a heart attack, or someone's grandmother who's had a stroke or somebody's child fighting for their life after a bad car wreck, but there's no ICU beds available for a hundred miles around because some selfish *sshole thinks it's his "right" to endanger the lives of the people around him because they're too big of a baby to wear a mask, get a totally effective vaccination, or follow simple rules to maintain social distancing. But hey, prove Darwin right about the survival of the fittest, get it, die from it and improve both the intelligence level of this Country and the gene pool of the human species.

If you won't help out your fellow American, why should they help you out, like on here to keep you able to go to work to put food on your family's table? If the result of helping you only winds up in you hurting others? That's NOT what this Country was built on.

I got pretty curious about what was said concerning the glow system and 150 amps. I say this because I have had the glow controller relay apart recently and the contacts are pretty small and mine were in pretty good shape. My glow controller has a manufacture date from 1993.

My background is in electrical controls engineering. I wasn't doing this to prove anything to anyone other than myself and I thought I would share.

So I did a back yard, in the garage, uncontrolled conditions, fly by the seat of my pants, glow system amp draw test.
The glow system at initial engagement of the glow relay may draw close150 amps, but its only for a fraction of a second. I put a clamp meter on #1 glow plug and it first drew about 13 amps. The current instantly dropped and rapidly. Within a second it was down to 10 amps and dropping. Now the glow plugs were probably a little warm after the initial test of a few seconds on the #1 plug. I then put the meter up at the glow relay feed wire (8 awg or 10 awg ?) and it was 86 amps after a couple seconds and slowly dropping. Clearly the resistance of the glow plugs go up as they get hot. The garage temp was in the mid 40's, maybe 45 degrees. I didn't write anything down or create a spreadsheet based on time, voltage and glow plug temperature. I can engage my glow plugs from under the hood, so these readings were taken right at the initialization of the glow relay. Yes, all my glow plugs are in good condition and working AC Dleco 60G. My batteries are Wally world from 2019.

Just in case anyone was interested in glow system current. There you have my results from my truck, in my conditions. Yours results may vary. I can say that I doubt the contacts in the glow relay could withstand 150 amps for more than a second, they are pretty small.

Sorry to stink up your thread Stoney.

I wont elaborate too much on the mask and vax thing. I would certainly never tell anyone or guilt anyone into either one.

There are facts out there to be read, and I have my own life experiences that back up what I have read on masks.

I have to wear one for work because where I go is visited by the USDA and they mandate it because, you know government.

My situation is different as is everyone's. I'm not sure I could wear one in the heat of a kitchen. Its all your choice Stoney and I stand behind you either way.

Masking and testing multiple times a week bringing results to boss for now, there pushing for more.. if we give on one there going to push the other.... Yeah I know "technically" the masks are supposed to be required anyhow. But nobody has enforced it ... . I took this job because they were leaving us alone about that stuff and they didn't require anything except a days work for a days pay...but telling us that we have to wear them working around all the flames, and splashing hot grease?? Not a chance..that's asking to get burned ... everyone is saying we're showing up for work and trying to clock in as is... And see if they tell us to mask up and present a negative test result... If they refuse to let us we're going to force them to fire us...yeah I know I'm putting myself out of work if that happens... But I'm watching what is happening in other countries... It's coming here if people don't stand up and say hell no I'm not going to comply.. I'm free and I will stay that way if it kills me or gets me killed.. . I work my butt off for a whole whopping 330 dollars a week at most... Maybe in some areas that's alot but here in new York with a wife and kid to support that isn't squat...I paid 3.98 a gallon for fuel today.. and 4.09 a gallon for milk... So for the 30 gallons it'll take me to get back and forth to work for a week it costs me a third of my pay check.... For what? So they can regulate the hell out of me? Push me around? Make me bend to there dictators will??? I know guys that are collecting unemployment making more..
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to go off on anyone or anything.. you guys are the best friends I have . But it's 3 in the morning here.. I'm still up.. trying to figure out how to make it through the week and if I should bend over and take it instead of standing for what's right like I was raised to do....
I'm with you Stoney!
NOBODY has the right to press their beliefs on you. You have to make your own choice based on what you think is right. Nobody wants to intentionally make someone else sick (except for our governments).
I have to wear a mask at work and get tested twice a week, but I'm about over it!
The vaccinated don't have to get tested but can get and transmit covid as easily as the rest of us within a few weeks of getting the shot. Masks are proven not to slow down the spread of the virus because the particles are so much smaller than the mask can stop, but I believe the masks are meant to weaken us because we are breathing in our spent oxygen and thus making it easier for us to get sick.
If the masks actually worked it would slow down the spread but it hasn't.
Here's some more of the questions that I have that nobody has answered satisfactorily.
Why are they pushing a vaccine that has not been approved except for emergency use?
Why are they trying to mandate children to get the vaccine when they are hardly effected by it?
Why are the people who work for the vaccine manufacturers exempt from getting the shot?
Why is congress, the all of the white house staff exempt from getting the shot?
Why is the postal service employees exempt? Election fraud payback?
Why are so many people that I know who have gotten the shot suddenly having heath issues such as blood clots, heartbeat racing out of control within hours of a booster, and other heart issues that were not there before the shot.

A woman that I work with was talking to a local funeral director and he told her that he has never seen so many people dying of blood clots as there has been since the vaccine came out.

I could go on and on but this is probably not the place for it.

Back