• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help a Brother Out #2

Wow.. that's alot to try to follow...
@dbrannon79 I didn't adjust the rear wheel cause I didn't want to have it get tight then not be able to get it loose again in Time to Leave. We had to leave the house by 5. This sucks even when I have a day off I can't seem to get anything done....rain tomorrow 😒

At least you got it to stop that’s the main thing. I was thinking about the adjuster might be fully screwed in where even the wheel cylinders wouldn’t travel far enough. I just wish I knew someone up in your area that could come by and help you get it all done. Make things easier

I need to go look but I have a dually rear end from a 94-95 truck. If the steel lines are in good shape I can remove them and ship them to you. Maybe if we all can get a parts list together we all can start sending them then find someone to help install everything

at least now hopefully without any more brake drag and three working wheels it’ll be safe enough to drive to work until then

Neighbor is working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week cause all the factors are doing mandatory overtime..cause of worker shortage...
Riddle me this .. just had to pull a massage hill... Truck was already feeling dragging again.... Got up here and felt the drums ...the same one I took the line off of is smoking hot...

Neighbor is working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week cause all the factors are doing mandatory overtime..cause of worker shortage...
Riddle me this .. just had to pull a massage hill... Truck was already feeling dragging again.... Got up here and felt the drums ...the same one I took the line off of is smoking hot...
I wonder if you have broken springs and the front shoe is drawn out to the drum because of the oil on everything.

You are not using those brakes obviously with the line cut. So...
Pull the drum off, take pictures then remove the shoes and all the hardware. Slide the drum back on and drive it. Then check for heat.

If it no longer gets hot it is adjusters spreading automatically, or parking brake cable.

If it does get hot- you have a bad set of bearings on that side.

Back