• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help a Brother Out #2

I took some photos on mine in 1st and in park. The first two are in 1st. Others are in park and a couple of the cable mount bracket position on the pan

mine when I pull the shifter down from 2nd to 1st the shifter doesn’t have a slot so to speak like all the other gears do. If that helps with anything

00B665F8-7303-459D-B5D4-35C344A41F7E.jpegE9704CAC-9F2E-4251-B351-1EC3CD24330C.jpegE20001CF-509A-436C-90FD-5D3309DF600A.jpegDA2211BB-6E88-4EBB-B7D9-62B42EFF8B88.jpegA81503E3-0870-47B4-BB54-F839D6816192.jpeg580A7C90-DC83-4C5D-8E0E-9DD7D3C3A3ED.jpeg

Ok a little confused...rear end is jacked up off the ground.. I can put it in gear and tires start spinning no problem...hit the brakes and they stop... release the brake and they spin again...heres where I'm confused...if I put it in neutral the tires spin..🤔...isn't that contrary to what neutral means??...AND in neutral I have to hit the brakes multiple times before they stop spinning... I mean literally in neutral the tires where spinning and I put the brake pedal on the floor and they were still spinning..
Every automatic I've ever owned will spin the tires in neutral when jacked up with the engine running, some more than others. Not enough to move a vehicle on the ground though

The fluids been changed multiple times.. but a leaking wheel seal could have lowered the level... I'm gonna get some more brake cleaner and clean that dust shield really good..since the line is pinched, if it gets wet again it has to be gear oil.

I know you said you crimped one of the brake lines but you said neither of the wheels would stop by pressing the brakes. Go back and check the pins on ether side of the proportioning valve to see if ether side has moved. If not. I feel like you have a bad MC or the other rear shoes aren’t adjusted

I had the abs and brake light on on mine after I replaced the missing bulbs in the cluster. Later I figured out one of the front wheel speed sensors was bad. I just unplugged all the wires to the abs unit. No more lights. At some point I’ll fix it right!

I wish there was a sure fire way to test and rebuild if needed for the abs unit or completely remove and bypass it I think I would want to remove and bypass mine going back to old school proportioning valve

I feel like a old one from an 80’s 3500 would do the job

Back