• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help a Brother Out #2

Ok before it gets to late . I happen to notice something tonight on my way home.. my turbo only spools when it wants to.... No clue how longs it's been like that..I Kno it spoiled up this morning when I left for work....weird

Ok a little confused...rear end is jacked up off the ground.. I can put it in gear and tires start spinning no problem...hit the brakes and they stop... release the brake and they spin again...heres where I'm confused...if I put it in neutral the tires spin..🤔...isn't that contrary to what neutral means??...AND in neutral I have to hit the brakes multiple times before they stop spinning... I mean literally in neutral the tires where spinning and I put the brake pedal on the floor and they were still spinning..

One thing I never mentioned but I think of now.. probably not important.... At one time and I don't remember if it was right about the same time as that guy worked on the truck or not.... Anyhow the shifter table had broken I honestly don't remember where or how but my friend put a new one in it for me... But with the new one I can't manually shift into first gear... That I never had her not that I ever had a reason to really need to I can pull the lever over into the second, third ,overdrive, neutral ,reverse ,Park ,just not first.

You they will freewheel spin in neutral while off the ground due to the inertia force in the transmission but they should stop with the light press of the brakes. But you crimped one of the bake lines. This could have done things to the valve on the abs unit. Or if you crimped the main line to both rears

I only crimped the one to that side... All abs stuff is unplugged as y'all said.. funny that you mentioned that though because I happen to hold a cover off the fuse box under the hood...some fuses were in wrong spots..abs had wrong size fuse in it. The one that said blower had wrong size.. and weirdly when I pulled up one that said blower out the blower in the truck kept running

At this point I would say get a helper to help you try bleeding the rear wheel that you didn’t crimp the line on and see what kind of pressure comes from the bleeder. There could be another problem where your not getting enough fluid to the rears. The sponge feeling your getting maybe a bad MC or the proportioning valve that’s built into the abs unit

On the gear shifter. You would feel if it was in gear or neutral. One thing you can do is slip the cable end off the tranny then see if the shifter lever goes to 1st. This will tell you if it’s at the tranny or in the cable /column

If the shifter still doesn’t go to 1st. Put the shift lever all the way down and take note of where the cable is at the tranny. I think it pulls in closer to the cable holding bracket If it has gone in as far as it can. There may be an adjustment under the column. But if that’s the case the linkage on the shift shaft is off too. Can be a wrong cable and your friend readjust everything to make it work

Scratch the readjusted everything. The bracket that holds the cable on the tranny could be mounted closer to the shift shaft lever I think to accommodate a short cable. Just guessing here.

Back