• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heath Cold Air Intake

i dont think you can get a whole lot more power out of a K47 intake so why spend the 200 dollars a heath intake would probably cost for a few extra ponies when you can get a k47 out of the junkyard for 50 bucks and put the extra money towards a tune.

i dont think you can get a whole lot more power out of a K47 intake so why spend the 200 dollars a heath intake would probably cost for a few extra ponies when you can get a k47 out of the junkyard for 50 bucks and put the extra money towards a tune.

Well, those of us that our trucks came with K47 factory want to be able to upgrade too!!

I kinda doubt you can get a whole lot more power from an air intake than a tightly sealed K47 with a high flowing air filter but i could be wrong. i kinda think that is why heath didnt come to market with the inatke.

Yeah, as I have thought in the past, perhaps he is trying not to rip everyone off, because it doesnt help at all if pulling in from the same dumb place. Now a real upgrade would be to swap intake and battery locations, so the filter can draw through front rather than through fender.

now thats an idea maybe be i will look into that it would also offer the clearance needed to fit intercooler plumping in a little easier

I agree. I'm probably going to move my batteries to inside the bed/toolbox for just that purpose. Not only more room, but the intake path can be much straighter.

Seems like a fabricated airbox just behind the headlights could easily fit a large, std sized cotton/gauze filter & incorporate an air inlet enough lower to eliminate most water concerns from a front opening trying to gain whatever ram-air effect to be gained @ hwy speeds.

i think the batter any air box could just be switched. havent measured but im betting there is enough clearance and it wouldnt take much to fab a bracket for the bat.

We could probably modify the underside of the air box to accommodate the filter just have the air hose run threw the side. It would not take much modification. There is quite a bit of room under the battery mount.

Their is already a plastic piece that converts the air from the front to inside the filter. That could be removed to have direct front cooler air hit the filter.

Just my two cents! :thumbsup:

I just wish I had time to do it! :eek:

There are a few references to it on Heath's website. If you look in the Warranty information, it even says it has a 5 year warranty. I was going to ask him the last time I talked to him but forgot.

It would be great if we could buy something likr the Bank's CAI with the Super Scoop. S&B makes a very similar setup.

This is Quantum mechanic did that may get some colder air but would probably require a battery relocate. Those of you that have been around a while probabaly remember him.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27988&highlight=rain

is a ram air hood out of the question. it would bring in the cold air and free a little room for other stuff to. i think a system could be bought fairly cheap if you looked around a little

As of this morning, HDP is expecting to have the units available next month (APR 10). As I still had the SSD set up until today, I'm looking forward to seeing it and perhaps eventually upgrading.
Toys....

Just when I was thinking about upgrading my SSD one for an AFE... I will wait on that now.

As of this morning, HDP is expecting to have the units available next month (APR 10). As I still had the SSD set up until today, I'm looking forward to seeing it and perhaps eventually upgrading.
Toys....

Could be a belated birthday present to me lol.

Back