• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heath Cold Air Intake

That is a huge improvement over the flat panel filter, or the small cones. Whenever mine gets dirty it does make the engine feel a bit strained.

Hate to change the subject somewhat, but I'm looking for the fender side connection that the K47 air box slides onto. Son bought a K47 air box, but it did not come with this and the connection for the old flat style box is different. So far he has been unable to use the K47.

Thanks

Here's the install instructions. With the exception of Picture #1, the rest are taken using Todd's (Heath Diesel) truck as the model.

View attachment Heath Cold Air Intake Kit Install.pdf

Me, I'll buy mine from Heath. He's the designer and driving force behind this project and I'm willing to bet he's not sharing in the profits from E-Bay vendors or even direct sales from S&B. Price is the same, not sure about shipping but I'll pay it to pay back the guy who's done a lot for me and others.

Just saying.

Installed mine this weekend only down fall is it must be a little more restriction than my stupid hot air sucking open element k&n because before when i pulled my 11,000 5er it would pull 17psi and tonight it was hard to get 16psi still works great i wasnt after more boost i was after cooler iat temps

Im sure they are i have only pulled 5er at night so far trucks actin weird i think im havin ip problems

Im sure they are i have only pulled 5er at night so far trucks actin weird i think im havin ip problems

I ask because my IAT gauge doesn't start registering until the probe gets above 100* which is about a 15-20 lag behind actuals. With the spring winter we're having, it rarely got above 110* registered with the AFE I had on there and now it seems to not get above 100-105* but we haven't seen 60* here lately. Not complaining, could be colder, could be much hotter, just what I got to use for comparisons. I'll have to make a speed run up a canyon one of these days and see what shakes out, bring both intakes and do a comparison.

---Me, I'll buy mine from Heath. He's the designer and driving force behind this project and I'm willing to bet he's not sharing in the profits from E-Bay vendors or even direct sales from S&B. Price is the same, not sure about shipping but I'll pay it to pay back the guy who's done a lot for me and others.

Just saying.

Agree

I don't see it on Bill's website. I do see it on S&B's though.

Bill told me they are at the moment redesigning their web site. With the new one, now close, you will find this kit

i would like to invest in one but the duct work wont line up because of my body lift. worst come to worst i will just haft to fab up a naw duct the open finter just aint cuttin it

Hey Ace I have a 1991 GMC 3500 dually 6.2 that I just got and did the fender snorkle remove mod and eliminated the plastic muffler and put a piece of 4 inch pvc in place of the air muffler. It looks to me like there is a plastic air ram behind the head lite that connects to the interior of the fender, Handcannon and I were discussing this, it looks to me like if u put some thing over the 4-5 inch hole that is behind the head lite I would have a very effectice air ram effect to my 6.2 non turbo. What do u think? The inside of the fender appears to be a closed system that would force the air into the breather hookup to the fender. If this is a air ram what performance increase do u think I would get?

Oops this is in reference to ur comment alier in this thread about Gm putting a cold air ram in OBS trucks. I wonder if I have one?

Bill

If Ace was refering to the 80s' bodystyle having a ram air type intake, then you might go back to the pics I posted of my 83 pickups' air intake. Although the full 4" diameter from radiator core support to the filter cannister is not stock, the tube is in the stock location. The air is coming from directly behind the grill without any lights or anything else in the way, just like a ram air intake. This may be what he was refering to.

Although the system that we have on our trucks (your 91 and my 94) is not what I think of as ram air, with the snorkle delete, your intake muffler delete, and the air coming from behind the headlight, it is a reasonable cold air system.

I have actually spent a fair bit of time pondering a better air intake. Yes, the air does go through contortions getting to the filter and there could be a better system. But, with the design and location of the battery and other components in the way, it would take a bit of work to make an improved system.

Don

Back