• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going mechanical and ...possibly compound turbos??

His 110cc 2 plunger pump he says is a flat fuel curve and claims will still only drop to 100cc at 4k rpm. Doesn't say on his 4 plunger pumps. Just says that he uses EDM'd heads and rotors for increased filling at high rpms. Didn't think to ask when I emailed him. Either way, I would assume if the 2 plunger can flow 100cc at 4k then his 150 and 180cc pumps should be able to flow quite a bit more than that at the same rpm. Haven't gotten to indepth with it since I have not 100% decided what I plan to do. Going with one of those pumps will require a lot more time and money to handle it. A 120cc pump I think would be a little more doable with the setup I already have and much cheaper.

Who is the contact, I'd like to call and chat.

The name replied in the email is Justin. I take it we have some doubts on the claims?

Sent from my ST26a using Tapatalk

I have no desire to doubt, I'm in the same game of finding more fuel. If they got it down, I'll give them my business too. I'm stuck at 125cc.

I've worked with R&D IDI for parts, so far that's been a fail (I got a 1300 paper weight), so I'm shooting for ideas. I don't really care to be in the pump business anyways. Tired of spending thousands of dollars on pump R&D anyways, for no return on investment for sure. I think its fair to say that in the last 5 years I've spent over 10k in fiddling with these damn DB2's. If someone else gets it figured out, I'd save a ton to just buy something that's working. I don't have my own pump shop, would sure help. I pay a guy to do the work and that's getting really old each time I have to sit down for the bill.

Hoping for a combined effort hopefully between UniqueDiesel, IDIperformance, and these guys hopefully. I'd gladly turn over my R&D in exchange for something that works for us all (Ford and Bowtie).

I didn't get much info from him. I just found their website and saw they had these 150 and 180cc pumps and figured I would check to see if they bothered building them for the 6.5. I emailed again asking a couple other questions but never heard back. It sounds like they do all the work, but in all honesty I don't know much about them. Like I said, I just stumbled across their website and shot them an email.

Hey Mike, actually two pump guys were mentioned.

There is The Moose Pump guys, Conestoga Diesel

And the R&D IDI Performance guys.

I've been in contact with the R&D guys. they don't have the fueling problems we do because they're not spinning their engines as tight as we are. The fueling issue is really not solved.

His 110cc 2 plunger pump he says is a flat fuel curve and claims will still only drop to 100cc at 4k rpm. Doesn't say on his 4 plunger pumps. Just says that he uses EDM'd heads and rotors for increased filling at high rpms. Didn't think to ask when I emailed him. Either way, I would assume if the 2 plunger can flow 100cc at 4k then his 150 and 180cc pumps should be able to flow quite a bit more than that at the same rpm. Haven't gotten to indepth with it since I have not 100% decided what I plan to do. Going with one of those pumps will require a lot more time and money to handle it. A 120cc pump I think would be a little more doable with the setup I already have and much cheaper.

I have no desire to doubt, I'm in the same game of finding more fuel. If they got it down, I'll give them my business too. I'm stuck at 125cc.

I've worked with R&D IDI for parts, so far that's been a fail (I got a 1300 paper weight), so I'm shooting for ideas. I don't really care to be in the pump business anyways. Tired of spending thousands of dollars on pump R&D anyways, for no return on investment for sure. I think its fair to say that in the last 5 years I've spent over 10k in fiddling with these damn DB2's. If someone else gets it figured out, I'd save a ton to just buy something that's working. I don't have my own pump shop, would sure help. I pay a guy to do the work and that's getting really old each time I have to sit down for the bill.

Hoping for a combined effort hopefully between UniqueDiesel, IDIperformance, and these guys hopefully. I'd gladly turn over my R&D in exchange for something that works for us all (Ford and Bowtie).

Just to throw my angle in here.... Yes, The R&D pump flow is legit, and I welcome anybody to test their R&D on a stand. The 110 peaks out about 115-116cc, does 109-111 at 2800RPM, 105@3300RPM, and tapers to 99-100 at 4K. The RD4's aren't as flat, but still fuel out well, my own pump on my engine peaks at 194cc, and fuels out to 149cc at 3300RPM with 6psi of inlet pressure. Problem is the damn pump bogs the stand down so bad trying for 4K, we haven't got a good reading there yet. The problem is that after you get to 130cc or so, the metering valve becomes a restriction. Ive fought and fought and fought and made it that far with more MV throw, and a locked out min/max assembly. The only thing I have seen that makes them flow after all my mods, is increased lift pressure. My truck came alive recently when I boost referenced the FPR.

John, we still need to work on your pump. Based off of what I get out of my 110's, your pump should do 130 peak based on volume, with a similar pump curve with 119cc @3300 and 113cc@4000. I know you mentioned that particular H/R got 10cc or so more than you have now, but Im wondering if there isn't some wear on it or something. My 110 pumps use seasoned cores, and I haven't had one give me trouble with fueling yet.

So you're saying to get max fueling from the RD4 pumps, the lift pressure needs to be higher? The lift pump I am running with my ds4 right now is internally regulated to 12 psi. Fuel gauge shows it runs between 10-15 usually. I have the gauge inline with the drain valve and not in the pump supply line right now, so I don't know how accurately it is ready pressure to the pump though. Should flow enough fuel and keep enough pressure to do the trick though. 149cc at 3300 rpm is still a whole lot more than my ds4 is putting out at ANY rpms...

So you're saying to get max fueling from the RD4 pumps, the lift pressure needs to be higher? The lift pump I am running with my ds4 right now is internally regulated to 12 psi. Fuel gauge shows it runs between 10-15 usually. I have the gauge inline with the drain valve and not in the pump supply line right now, so I don't know how accurately it is ready pressure to the pump though. Should flow enough fuel and keep enough pressure to do the trick though. 149cc at 3300 rpm is still a whole lot more than my ds4 is putting out at ANY rpms...

Yes, at least with my pump... Don't get me wrong... The dyno figures I made (342whp/759wtq, Even clutch aside) were with a 160cc peak pump, and a pretty primitive fueling curve (For the times)... Ive done so much since, that I destroyed my first pump with fuel load, had to figure out a solution, and the answer to all of that is my current pump.... Just For reference, my current pump puts out in between 2 and 3 times the amount of fuel at defuel (whatever that may be with this setup)... Without talking out my ass, I fully expect between 400 and 500 horsepower at the wheels with my current pump, its just a matter of getting my setup tweaked enough to be even worth dyno'ing... Unfortunately, those who have watched my thread on FTE, have witnessed that I have made some compromises that have resulted in some set backs.... I am in the process of correcting those as we speak, and should result in what I was originally after. I guess the point im getting at, at least with our IH's... Is that Im at the point where im not fuel limited (Which is really odd to say), im setup limited, even with an S366 turbo...

Yes, at least with my pump... Don't get me wrong... The dyno figures I made (342whp/759wtq, Even clutch aside) were with a 160cc peak pump, and a pretty primitive fueling curve (For the times)... Ive done so much since, that I destroyed my first pump with fuel load, had to figure out a solution, and the answer to all of that is my current pump.... Just For reference, my current pump puts out in between 2 and 3 times the amount of fuel at defuel (whatever that may be with this setup)... Without talking out my ass, I fully expect between 400 and 500 horsepower at the wheels with my current pump, its just a matter of getting my setup tweaked enough to be even worth dyno'ing... Unfortunately, those who have watched my thread on FTE, have witnessed that I have made some compromises that have resulted in some set backs.... I am in the process of correcting those as we speak, and should result in what I was originally after. I guess the point im getting at, at least with our IH's... Is that Im at the point where im not fuel limited (Which is really odd to say), im setup limited, even with an S366 turbo...

Whats FTE? Should be a good read.

R&D you got a recommendation for a boost referenced FPR?

Im just running a Quickfuel FPR I got from summit, the cheaper one with NPT inlets/outlets. I have to put a small air regulator inline with it though, I was seeing upwards of 37-38psi of inlet pressure, and that had me very nervous, as well as contributing to a blown HG by maxing out the timing. Im going to limit it to 15 or 20psi, and limit the timing advance I can get out of the pump to around 10 crank degrees.

I also have a full fuel system, 3/8" lines back to front, Dedicated return, a Walbro 392 pump, Pre/post filters.

Im just running a Quickfuel FPR I got from summit, the cheaper one with NPT inlets/outlets. I have to put a small air regulator inline with it though, I was seeing upwards of 37-38psi of inlet pressure, and that had me very nervous, as well as contributing to a blown HG by maxing out the timing. Im going to limit it to 15 or 20psi, and limit the timing advance I can get out of the pump to around 10 crank degrees.

I also have a full fuel system, 3/8" lines back to front, Dedicated return, a Walbro 392 pump, Pre/post filters.

didn't find one that had the ability to be boost referenced

That's what I am figuring if I go with one of your pumps. No way will my current setup handle it. And I don't want to run a huge turbo that lags too much on the bottom end but don't want to run too small and run out of air at the top end. Which is why I was thinking compounds. Just not sure what the best combo for that much fuel would be to burn it all throughout the entire rpm range.

Not trying to side track too much, but all the guys going for big power- how many of you used the supercharger in your builds?

Back