• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going mechanical and ...possibly compound turbos??

Several years ago they were around 4,000 iirc. But supercharger is more even pressure on the entire ramp up the rpm range, and easier to get higher volume numbers. Only downfall is initial cost.

I've seen several super charged V8 Detroits on barges out here for the pump engines, if yall want I can try and get numbers off one next time I see one..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Blowers can be had on the cheap by buying on c-list or the bay the only big requirement is making an adaptor plate blower to lower intake manifold so the snout aligns with your serpentine belt. A diesel is much easier to do than a gasser.

The Eaton M112 is a good starting point running 8/10 lbs boost a 6-71 can be used too however it's big moves massive amounts of air so you have to limit boost on the 6.5 to say 4/6 lbs. Deep pockets then plan on $6/7k for new direct fit kit then the cost of exhaust mods.

Best part is all the injectors are easy to get at, you can install a very BIG air-box, run single or dual exhaust, airflow around the diesel would be much better.

Back