• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gathering parts for future Super car" buget build.

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Gathering parts for future "Super car" buget build.

I starting to get parts together for a car I want to build I just bought a 08 6.0l engine from a "Vortec Max" truck. Its the all aluminium 6.0 (L76 RPO). They just shipped it today. Cant wait to see it!

Also bought the complete rear suspension with differential from an 08 Pontiac G8.
I looking for the front suspension "clip" from a Corvette now.
The plan is to take a Fiero tub and modify it to a longitudinal set up. The only thing left of the Fiero will be the floor and Vin #. It will make it easy to register with DMV that way. The Fiero was completely powdercoated and I got a great deal on it for $250!!
I have one project to complete before I start full bore on this one. Its another Fiero, but Im putting a VW TDI in it.

Here are some pics.

6.0 L76 20sep13.jpg6.0 L76 20sept13.jpg6.0L L76 sept202013.jpgDSCF1049.jpgDSCF1050.jpgDSCF1055.jpgDSCF1054.jpg

Total custom

Ground up build. Im going for a look simular to pics, but keep in mind I have a very low buget to do it with. So alot of parts will be from other cars to save reinventing the wheel, time and money.
I'll be building the body work myself. I work with metal more and could do an all steal body, but may take on doing body in Fiberglass.
I want the car done for $20000 or less.

infiniti-emerg-e-sports-car-concept-002_gallery_image_large.jpgkitcar.jpgNoblem15.jpgNobleM400.jpgQ1.jpg

Sounds like you're reading my mind. If I had some money I would be building something similar. I want to build a 67 CHEVY II NOVA, but put it on a CAMARO chassis so it can not only go fast in a straight line but also be able to corner.

Sounds like you're reading my mind. If I had some money I would be building something similar. I want to build a 67 CHEVY II NOVA, but put it on a CAMARO chassis so it can not only go fast in a straight line but also be able to corner.

That would be cool.

Sort of, Same basic engine, but in rear of car.

I was thinking about the Corvette front. Its designed to have the wieght of an engine on it so I wonder if I'll need to find lighter spring? (Corvette has a single leaf)
I might have to go with something else.

Yeah, I'd say that probably wouldn't work out so hot. Might be able to use the corvette spindles and stuff at least, and have the brakes, etc.

As soon as I posted I called a local vette guru. He said I can put coil overs on it, problem solved, but $1600ish OUCH!!.
I'll be looking for other applications too. Im not oppossed to even using a MustangII front end. I hear the new Maurader/town car has a OK set up. I saw one and it looks simple enough.
Good thing is I have time.

Got another part today I may need. These are LS7 exhaust manifolds. Made of stainless! Not bad for $100. My plan is to turn them upside down on the head and point the outlets up. Then plumb in the muffler/s and exits.
DSCF1057.jpg

Just so I'll remember I'll post prices and also anyone else reading will help them to make decisions.

So far
Complete Fiero (in boxes), local pick up $250.
Engine, shipped $2000.
Rear suspension section, local pick up $500.
Trans, shipped $300.
Exhaust manifolds, local pick up $100.

Man, I wish I could find a Fiero for that cheap. It would turn into my daily driver.

Well its in a million pieces. The good thing is everything is powdercoated, the whole frame structure and all the small parts.
I'll be getting some pictures of it soon.

You got a screaming deal on that rear suspension! The diff alone goes for that in G8 circles...

Although, was it a Base or GT rear? The Base would have an open diff, IIRC.

Have to correct myself, they were asking $500, but took $450.
When I saw the deal I jumped on it even though in the end I may not even use it. You know how anything mechanical go's, plans change do to unforseen issues.
I don't know if its a GT rear or not. My plan would be to upgrade the whole thing to a Camaro clip anyway. This one will be perfect for mock up and to use for awhile til a Camaro pops up.

Well I picked up the engine today. Its all wraped in cardboard and shrink wrap. Still have not looked at it. I'll have to get it off the truck tomorrow. I will get some pictures then.
I hope its not a pallet of old brake drums:nonod:

Look what came in!

Trans came in today. Not sure if I'll be using it or making something simular of my own?
This one is a TH475 from a 455ci Toranado front wheel drive.

DSCF1067.jpg
DSCF1071.jpg
DSCF1068.jpg

Got engine yesterday and unloaded it today
DSCF1065.jpg
DSCF1060.jpg
DSCF1063.jpg

Hm. I figured you'd use a conventional trans and hook it right to the pumpkin, essentially. How do you plan on making the Toronado trans work?

Back