• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gathering parts for future Super car" buget build.

Its all still up in the air. I have burned MANY! brain cells thinking about it. I grabed the 475 because it was a great deal $300 shipped. If I do use it I'd get a TH400 tail/output shaft and couple it to the diff.
If I were to use it I want to mount engine so water pump faces rear so the bulk of the weight is between the axles,
I even thought about just using the chain drive set up off the 475 to drive a manual trans, but now the engine would be turning the wrong direction. I thought about reverse rotating the 6.0, but that involves (among other things) making an oil pump flow correctly as the stock oil pump is crank driven.
Even thought of using a 2 or 4 gear Tcase to drive the trans the correct direction, but can't find one suitable. Also has to be a 1to1 ratio.
I like the idea of the trans aside the engine. It makes a more compact powertrain.
Transaxles are out of the question (unless someone hooks me up with an inexpensive one) A used transaxle that will hold up to a 6.0 would be around $8000 according to my searches so far.

Got it. Yeah, a flipped Porsche transaxle would not be cheap, although it would be the "best" solution...

C5 Covette front suspension $500 local pick up

I found a real good deal on this. Its like brand new!
It has the large 13" rotors and dual piston PBR calipers, steering rack....complete

Enjoy!
DSCF1077.jpgDSCF1078.jpgDSCF1073.jpgDSCF1074.jpgDSCF1075.jpgDSCF1076.jpgDSCF1080.jpg

Possible/slight change.

Possible/slight change I ran accross a great deal on some more Corvette parts.
All from a 2008 ZR1
Clutch/pressure plate.
Bell housing.
torque tube.
6 speed T56 trans
Magnesium rear suspension cradle and all suspension parts & heavy duty half shafts.

Im Missing the rear diff though. So now im on the hunt for a 2006 or newer C6 rear diff with 30 spline input.
If you guys have time can you check your local Craigslist for one.

To sweeten the pot the seller gave me a bunch of other stuff
All four C5 brake calipers and rotors (like new).
LS3 cam shaft.
lifters, pushrods.
Both rear quarter panels (one was keyed, other perferct)
Roll bar cover.
Exhaust manifolds and cats

All of the above for $1700

Trans is $1500 alone. Forgot to list it but he also included a Targa top/ roof panel.

Grabed a c6 Corvette rear frame section today off ebay. I might not use it though!! Ive been working on a deal for a complete frame. The guy is in Dubi (sp?), waiting to hear back from him. I went and looked at the frame last Thursday.

Man, I wish I could find a Fiero for that cheap. It would turn into my daily driver.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4127014225.html
Decided to sell my second Fiero. The plan was to drop a TDI diesel into it. Now Im thinking I want to build only one car and make it "modular". I want to have a complete second powertrain that I can swap into the "Super car", in just a couple hours.

I want to call the car the F8

Murphys law kicked in again. The guy with the full frame is going to sell it. Figures now that I bought the frame clips. It will be much better to have the full frame then I can mod it how I'll need it.
I pick it up this next Monday.
:thumbsup:

Up date, the guy that was going to sell me the frame actually sold it out from me. I was just about to head up there and get it when he called and said he sold it to someone else!! Good thing I got the other rear frame section.

Wheels/tires. 18x8.5" 5 on 120mm

Got some wheels and tires Ive been looking for. $650 for all. Tires have 90ish % left.
The plan is to use these when the TDI is installed. Im going to find or make different center caps.
I want to buy another set. Something like 19" or 20" by 12" wide for the rear. I'll decide on fronts later.

DSCF1120.jpg
DSCF1121.jpg
DSCF1123.jpg

So a little update. Im still working on this when I can. I have the transmission a TR6060 6 speed from a 2010 Camaro tore apart. The plan is to mate the trans like a normal Camaro to the engine then bolt the diff right to the trans like a Corvette. This will make as compact a drive train as I can reasonably get. I have to swap out the main/output shaft from the Camaro to a Covette shaft and bolt the rear Corvette extension housing on then the diff. This combo will hold a lot of horse power (more than im going to run) at a very low cost vs a transaxle. Earlier in the thread I estimated $8000 for a used Porsche G50 transaxle, well that was off its more like $10-12K and a Mendeola is more than that by a lot. Mendeola is probably the best value in a new transaxle.
So far on this trans set up I have $2000 into it including the diff, not bad at all for its capability.
The new main shaft is supposed to be here Wednesday. I'll get some pictures then.
Here is a link to the shaft the price is not current and I think I got the last one in the country til they make more. I got my shaft from a different vendor. I paid $250ish
http://www.jegs.com/i/ACDelco/065/19178658/10002/-1

Also, I've been thinking a lot about a donor car and its hard to beat the Fiero for what Im doing, but Im looking real hard at the 350Z cars. If anyone has one or see's a donor/cheap on craigslist or?? let me know.

What the fiero has going for it is its a 1986 car so won't have to be inspected and can get classic insurance for it. Its also pretty easy to fab a rear sub frame to hold engine/suspension and I like the fuel tank position.

The 350Z is much more modern, has a lot of aftermarket support for it. I love the lines of the car, much nicer interior.
My minds eye has me building something very much like a mid engine 350Z.
I stumbled on this picture, its hard to recognize it as a 350Z til you study it for a minute.
Picture this thing with a stretched rear :woot::woot:
red_nissan_350z_wallpaper_hd.jpg

Back