• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Garage for Humster.

You have me interested, @denata, as a former Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Defense Officer myself. Knowing not only the current background radiation is important, but also what elements are in the resultant fallout, their half-lifes and type of radiation (alpha, beta or gamma) is important, too. Sounds like you've got a good start on a multipurpose cellar under your garage!

Pff.. so what if there is no license... who will stop me ?)))
Digging coal is very easy, a pickaxe goes into coal like cheese.
I calculated that I dug by hand and pulled out about 80 tons of rock in buckets.

Last edited:
One place I lived long ago that had coal in the hill out back, well, years after we left the entire collection of houses in the area was leveled for a coal mine. Good riddance for other reasons, yet GOOD RIDDANCE.

I don't know how mineral rights work over there. But the owners, if any, may want to turn the area into a mine. If no one owns the rights: maybe you should?

First you need to hire geologists and drillers. They will determine how much stock is there. The state arranges an auction, whoever pays the most will develop the deposit. The auction price will depend on the amount of inventory. In any case, these millions of dollars must be given to the state immediately.

But if you get caught, for example, washing the sand in search of gold, and if you find less than a pound of gold. that would be just a $50 fine. and confiscation of gold. And if the gold is more than a pound - a prison of up to 3 years.

On one side of the scale - a long and expensive process of obtaining a license ... on the other side of the scale - a fine of $ 50.

The severity of the laws is compensated by their non-execution.

Trade in the tiny buckets for a wheel barrel. Make 4 point sling for lifting.
Obviously make sure weight capacity of your lifting point. Block & tackle for the added weight. The time spent for the lift being slower will easily be made up for, and you can use same hoist.

Each bucket ~20kg~43lbs. 5-6 buckets are placed in a wheelbarrow. Slow because I put an old battery that wants to die and didn’t want to take a charge. Winch 4000lbs. If you immediately lift a wheelbarrow or a barrel. then you have to open the garage gates to take it out. outside -40°> the garage will cool down very quickly. You're right, lifting is the slowest operation. Block in speed up mode - the load is lifted 2 times faster than the winch is pulling. you can put another double block and it will lift 4 times faster. I need to find a double block.

Garage Bloks.JPG

Last edited:
Hey, I'm sure you could find 3-4 Russian soldiers who'd rather be digging out your basement than freezing in the mud of eastern Ukraine. Whatever you pay them has to be more than the nothing they're getting from Putin. Just a human bucket brigade from the basement, up the ladder, and out the door!

Back