• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Leak

Have a look under the mounting flange under the front of the IP, where the 3 nuts
snug it down. There is a weep hole that could possibly travel fuel further back? Mine was leaking there but dropped straight down, a slower leak may travel more?

If it is from there a new IP is in your future.

If it is coming out the weep hole, yeah the seal is bypassing and you have to tear completely apart for that.
So, know how atf burns good and lubes? Wonder what seal sweller for atf would do? Hmmm.

I talked to Leroy about a new pump and was about to pull the trigger but decided to go by my local diesel pump and turbo vendor. I know the manager because her grandson and my son played baseball against each other years ago. Anyway part of my business is installing shutters and she wants some so we made a deal I get her shutters at cost and she gets me a pump at cost. She then gave me a pump with less than 200 miles on it were a guy brought it back under warranty but it tested good. She said he doesn't know what he's doing and always brings good pumps back. She said if it doesn't work she'll get me a new one. She also said if it is the stepper she said take it off hers and put it on mine and see if it works. Nothing better than free. We'll see how it works when I find time to do it.

I talked to Leroy about a new pump and was about to pull the trigger but decided to go by my local diesel pump and turbo vendor. I know the manager because her grandson and my son played baseball against each other years ago. Anyway part of my business is installing shutters and she wants some so we made a deal I get her shutters at cost and she gets me a pump at cost. She then gave me a pump with less than 200 miles on it were a guy brought it back under warranty but it tested good. She said he doesn't know what he's doing and always brings good pumps back. She said if it doesn't work she'll get me a new one. She also said if it is the stepper she said take it off hers and put it on mine and see if it works. Nothing better than free. We'll see how it works when I find time to do it.

Good to know @Burning oil that they sell pumps. Your friend should become a vendor on here because we need a good pump rebuild shop to point people too.

It has been about 12 years since I last replaced an IP in a 6.5. I was thinking am I able to set the timing without the upper and lower intake on? The rebuilt IP that was given to me tested good but what if it has a problem. Id like to find it out before I button everything up. Can it be done?

The only purpose of intake manifold on this engine is connect the air filter to the intake valves via the turbo.

Won’t hurt a thing to run without it so long as you keep everything clear from falling into the head ports.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That is like what i have, any droid or i-phone will work. Tablet whatever. It (device) will have to connect to wifi to download app then the camera the works through wifi direct to the device.

It has been about 12 years since I last replaced an IP in a 6.5. I was thinking am I able to set the timing without the upper and lower intake on? The rebuilt IP that was given to me tested good but what if it has a problem. Id like to find it out before I button everything up. Can it be done?
If it is an electronic pump it will set a code without the sensors in the upper intake. Code=no Timing.

It would still set a low boost code, you could give it a try. It's nice to see if there are any leaks then time it when it is back together.

Back