• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Final details for my "Twisted" P400 build

What are all the 45* and 90* fittings on the heads in the valley side of the engine for Chris?
They are for coolant flow between the valves and when plumbed in will lead to the water crossover. If yoy look at my past pics of a head cut apart, that passage is a dead hole and air is trapped water will sit, this will allow flow and all the air to be purged from the system...

They are for coolant flow between the valves and when plumbed in will lead to the water crossover. If yoy look at my past pics of a head cut apart, that passage is a dead hole and air is trapped water will sit, this will allow flow and all the air to be purged from the system...
Thats a nice addition! I wonder how much better cooling performance just that modification will bring.

I wonder how hard that would be to add those ports without pulling the heads! or would the factory intake interfere with it. problem is knowing exactly where the tubes are would be the problem when drilling and tapping. then for guys like me, which direction the coolant would be flowing as to the best spot to connect them to for flow into or out of the head!

never the less I bet it would greatly help with head cracking especially on the #8.

I wonder.... lol my gears are turning in my head again haha... a 1/4" brass street 90 pointed towards the front of the engine at the rear ports followed by 1/4" street tee's all plumbed together to end up with two ports up at the front of the engine, one on each side. as long as the ports aren't directly below the air intake ports of the head a stock intake might could be made to fit or modded. even a 1/4" thick spacer plate under the intake to raise it a hair or two might be the trick!

Chris, I see the two head sections where one is not threaded and the other is, the one that's threaded seems to have that cavity blocked off where the other isn't. also I assume that tee part of the port comes from a water passage in the block?

just curious what the differences are on the two cutouts and what the cavity was meant for.

From this image, does this mean the GEP head doesn't have coolant going into the cavity to the right, but the P400 does? What I mean is, is the area indicated in red void of coolant?
1666199712834.png
Still trying to understand the differences between the P400 and GEP heads. Maybe there is a write-up on it in one particular thread that I missed?

Attachments

• 1666199557656.png
    1666199557656.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 3
I got a chance to look at the 6.2 I have on the stand the other day. it seems like there is enough room under the stock turbo style intake for fittings to thread into the head. this might be one thing I would like to add on, once I get around to fixing up the donor 6.2 for my truck.

Back