• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Farming Thread:

We dont have any corn in the ground yet, its still too wet, same with the beans.

Now our wheat on the other hand is looking great! Some of it is going to get quilt sprayed on for rust.

I also had most of the good wheat get covered for hail insurance as well since we have had several hail storms in the area.

Almost done with beets, probably finish and change over to corn tomorrow.

First two shots are from a couple weeks ago and was the first stuck of the yr on the farm...7 acre field and only made it around the outside... And it was right near a rd and houses so the guy had plenty of onlookers til I got there w/the 9400t... I ran that tractor for 2 yrs and never got stuck, first few days in there for this guy and he's stuck....:nono:):h
Last two are of this yrs new tractor...Pretty nice machine to operate I gotta say, though im not wild about the active seat and the 1-2 sec delay on the powershift takes some getting use to...But i can look past those imperfections...:smile5:
We've got a 100hr demo on a new cat mt755. Dont know if Ive ridden in a smoother tracked machine...

Attachments

• 000_2350.jpg
    000_2350.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 000_2353.jpg
    000_2353.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 000_2354.jpg
    000_2354.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 000_2355.jpg
    000_2355.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 13
Still too wet in Illinois! About 15% have some corn in high ground but alot of that has wet feet now... Supposed to start drying up pretty soon... Yeah right!

Nice new 30 series PB.
All our corn was in about a week back. Beets are coming up already.
I'm 300 acres into the custom stuff I have to do, about another 700 or so to go. The guy I am planting for right now is working the ground right ahead of me, so I am having to wait some... He has so many horrible sharp rocks, he's got 2 flat tires in 2 hours the other day. I even got a flat on the planter, never had that happen before.

We're getting a whole lot a nothing done! WE've got about 500 acres of corn done, 200 acres of beans and I've sprayed about 650 acres of corn ground premerge. We've got about 5000 to plant yet. It's gonna be Balls to the Walls when it gets dry. Our Finishers are gonna be goin 24hrs to stay ahead of the planters.

We're getting a whole lot a nothing done! WE've got about 500 acres of corn done, 200 acres of beans and I've sprayed about 650 acres of corn ground premerge. We've got about 5000 to plant yet. It's gonna be Balls to the Walls when it gets dry. Our Finishers are gonna be goin 24hrs to stay ahead of the planters.

We're doing a little better to the north of you.. Most are 30-70% done, wide range I know, but it depends on what type of ground everybody has. We got 4 inches of rain last week, so there may be some replant. 3 of it was in a couple hours overnight Saturday.

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today! Finally Got the 5000 planted in 7 days. Time to relax a little till sidedressing.

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today! Finally Got the 5000 planted in 7 days. Time to relax a little till sidedressing.

that's a lot of acres of corn in a short time!

how many rows of planters did you have running across the field total?

Kansas wheat is looking pretty good! Colorado wheat some looks good, some doesn't.

Beans and corn are drilled in Kansas, and we just got our first alfalfa cutting.

That was corn and beans combined. We were running 2 24 row deeres in corn and a 31 split row in beans. 4 tractors working ground from 5am till 1 am or so and some nights all night long. Long days! I was spraying right behind them and getting 800 acres+- a day by myself.

That was corn and beans combined. We were running 2 24 row deeres in corn and a 31 split row in beans. 4 tractors working ground from 5am till 1 am or so and some nights all night long. Long days! I was spraying right behind them and getting 800 acres+- a day by myself.

That's movin!

BTW, anyone on here that needs John Deere APEX help should send me a PM. I'm an intern for a Deere dealer up here and I have access to pretty much all the available resources.

So hows everything going out there?? AFter a cooler but fairly dry May early June, we've been unseasonably cool and wet the last 2-3 weeks...Our hottest days of the yr so far were in late April.. Some 80s supposedly coming at the end of the week...
We need some heat to dry up tho. We got some late sweet corn in yesterday but still got around 400 acres I think of snap beans to get planted in the next 10-14 days... Sure hope at least, we're to start picking around the 20th...

Getting pretty dry up here, irrigation running everywhere.. Crops are still behind, but have done some catching up. There is corn head high places and there's corn less than knee and yet to be side dressed. It's gonna be a below average year for sure if it stays dry on all the crops stressed earlier by cold and wet soil.

What bullshit the usda just pulls 4 million acres out of their ass to drive the price of corn down.Odd when everyone you talk to back east was planting more soybeans, especially with the wet spring and having trouble getting the corn in.

All our stuff looks pretty good. Lots of hail coming in lately though. Some places got mowed pretty bad but so far we have avoided the worst of it. Irrigating a lot because the hails were about all the moisture lately.

dad and i drove from findlay, oh down to vincinnes, in today and i'll tell you what... the crops, especially soybeans in southern indiana look like hell. some beans looks like they've only been planted a couple weeks.

ryan, have you ever heard of cox equipment down in carlisle, in?

Back