• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Farming Thread:

Philbilly2

Just a speck on the wall
Reaction score
What is everybody doing right now in the fields.

Over on the DP this thread was known as (we started shellin corn)

We have about half of our corn in the ground, spraying is started, just been dodging rain drops here in Illinois

I've had one and a half days of planting. 220 acres of corn in the ground, 400 to go. I have about 600 acres of bean to plant after that. Nothing is drying, just no sunshine or heat. We have more rain on the way for today and tonight.

Where we are in North Georgia there's not much row cropping, the poultry business is huge here. Over a thousand poultry house's in this county alone. With all of that chicken litter to use on pastures we all have cows, so hay is the big event here and we all are cutting and baling.

We're done planting. Planted 100acres of oats for hay but that's about all the farming we had to do this spring. Come late June we'll be haying.

We are almost done planting everything. Hopefully I pick up the farm Im trying for so we have more corn to plant

We've got 3500 of corn in and done and 2000 beans in and 200 acres of beans left. I'm trying to bust my but to get caught up on spraying. This rain has set me back a little and the weeds keep growing!

Just got done with corn and started beans on Monday...... It has been a really wet week though so the past few days have been great for "Safety Meetings"

we've yet to get seed #1 in the ground this year. and after tomorrows rain it looks like we'll be out another week. i think we're going to spray on wednesday before the next rain weather we cut tracks or not, the weeds are getting too big.

I'm waiting for a few dry days to get my ryegrass rolled so the Sudan/sorghum can be drilled. Sowed some Teff grass today. Just finished up Spring calving season, about to move the bulls back in with the Spring herd. Hay cutting is coming just as soon as the weather allows.

Got my 4 acres in the ground, getting the 4440 ready to plant my neighbors 300 acres next to me. Hope to have it in by the end of next week. (I share crop, and mine hit the ground first for test ground)

Tony

Well, I finished the last up in one field and Rob from Seed Llink LLC came out today and we planted our 2008 test plot. Smaller this year than last. Only 20 different seeds. 10 less than last year. Went real smooth. Very gald to get it over with before the rain that were suppose to get tonnight and tommorow.

We've gotten ~700 acres of corn done, just need to do the other 600. Once that's done I imagine we'll turn around and start on beans. All this rain is rather frustrating.

We've gotten ~700 acres of corn done, just need to do the other 600. Once that's done I imagine we'll turn around and start on beans. All this rain is rather frustrating.
I need some, just planted my cotton, costing me about 6 bucks in fuel per acre this year, don't think I want to replant is it dries up.

Yeah the rain is frustrating. I'm getting farther and farther behind on spraying now. I switched over to beans the other day even thought I wasn't doen with corn. I caught up to dad on the planter when i was spraying corn and had to wait to finish out here. Now I'm loaded with Scepter and Roundup for beans and only got one load off before the wind picked up and started raining. I'm about 3/4 done with corn and just getting started on beans. I can cover a good bit if I have a good day. I don't have anyone tending me. I could cover more if I had a tender. I could prolly spray a 1000 acres a day if I had a tender truck driver.

I got a feeling it's gonna be from dark to dark spraying when we get back in.

.... I can cover a good bit if I have a good day. I don't have anyone tending me. I could cover more if I had a tender. I could prolly spray a 1000 acres a day if I had a tender truck driver.

I know what you mean about havin' a tender. Spraying @ 5-6 Gal/Ac I could usually do 5-600 acres per day running back to the shop to load. When I can get a reliable tender I can usually hit close to 1,000 acres per day if the fields aren't too spaced out.

Yeah the rain is frustrating. I'm getting farther and farther behind on spraying now. I switched over to beans the other day even thought I wasn't doen with corn. I caught up to dad on the planter when i was spraying corn and had to wait to finish out here. Now I'm loaded with Scepter and Roundup for beans and only got one load off before the wind picked up and started raining. I'm about 3/4 done with corn and just getting started on beans. I can cover a good bit if I have a good day. I don't have anyone tending me. I could cover more if I had a tender. I could prolly spray a 1000 acres a day if I had a tender truck driver.

hell i'll come be your tender driver. it'll never dry out here enough for us to get anything done...

Back