• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Farming Thread:

I finished my soybean harvest yesterday, except for 40 acres of replants. They are about a week from being ready. Now if I can get the electrician to show up and wire the new corn dryer, I'll probably start on the corn next week.

Attachments

• DSCN0342.jpg
    DSCN0342.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 19
I finished my soybean harvest yesterday, except for 40 acres of replants. They are about a week from being ready. Now if I can get the electrician to show up and wire the new corn dryer, I'll probably start on the corn next week.

that's a pretty big dryer. what's the specs on it?

Been doing the high moisture corn since yesterday. Normally we let it dry below 15 before we even start so this is different. Got it where it's working pretty good though, and the combine is working nice. It was right around 33 most of the day. Not sure how their conversion works, so I hope doing it that high won't hose us too bad. They had an example but I could never make it work out the same. Dumping in an auger that runs into a grinder, then they push it away and pack it in the pit.

And the 6 row head works just fine with duals. Once in a while on the hillside there will be a little narrow guess row, it just pushes it over a little, but pick it up fine next pass.

nar, i saw your screen name on the combine forum the other day. is that a decent site to get on? i was searching for some error code message information and stumbled across that site.

Seems to be. Lots of information about them, and several techs on there. Second site I check after this one.

Well we finished the field we were in and everything else is too wet yet. Hopefully it gets dry in a couple weeks after we do beets. Kinda worried about some of it that was more silage long day corn. Tried a little ways into it and it was way wet, grinding it up.

Some pics I got around to taking off my phone. In order:
Silage pit partly full, I was packing the shit out of it.
I was pushing silage with my 8100, I took the old degelman dozer blade and made it fit my 840 loader. The frame wouldn't have fit the tractor easily, and this way you can pick it way up and drive up a steeper pile and pack it.
My 9600 in high moisture corn, when I let dad drive it.
Another of the 9600.
Brother dumping some wheat on the western star earlier this year. Sun was going down and it looked sweet.

Attachments

• 0924081401b.jpg
    0924081401b.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 0924081404.jpg
    0924081404.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 1007081553.jpg
    1007081553.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 1008081312a.jpg
    1008081312a.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 11
  • P7280012.JPG
    P7280012.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 13
Yeah it's just dug into a bit of a hill. That way we can dump on top and push down. Less effort that way. The top where we push from is only 6 feet higher, but the sides are probably 12 higher. Wish it was a cement one, but this works ok.

that's a pretty big dryer. what's the specs on it?
Finally got a real start on corn today. Corn is in the low 20% moisture range and I'm guessing its running around 1200 bu/hr. I've got about 4000 bushel left to dry before we start again tomorrow so I guess it will be either a late night or an early morning.

everybody done with harvest? we've got 72 acres of doube crop beans to run yet whenever it freezes up or dries out, whichever comes first.

Should be done with harvest tomorrow. Then it is time to get as much anydrous and tillage done as possible...

we're finishing up some recreational tillage as well. hopefully it'll dry out enough to where we can get some more done. we got a shitload of rain last weekend and its hampering progress.

Got ours done a while ago. Working on some corn for another guy. Not too much fun in some spots. Weeds blew into the west 200 yards of the field, about 4 feet deep. His corn isn't that tall some spots. Layed a lot of corn over, can't pick it up because the weeds are stiff nasty thistle crap, they just load the head in 5 feet and lay everything over. If we hadn't gotten freezing rain and snow that pushed the weeds down some I couldn't do it at all. I tilted the snouts all the way up and let them kinda skid on the weeds and catch the ears on most of it. Also the field has some sidehills so steep I wouldn't be attempting it if I didn't have the duals. They are shale shelfs too, so when they ripped it they pulled up a bunch of chunks of shale up to 1.5 feet long. Dangerous field.

Mostly just farm and do custom work too. We have a few cows, less than 100. Not a lot compared to a lot of the guys around here.

Mostly just farm and do custom work too. We have a few cows, less than 100. Not a lot compared to a lot of the guys around here.

I don't have any. Would love to farm soneday. I love seeing the pics though. Live out in farm country, and would not ive in the burbs or city for anything!!

we got all of our recreational fall tillage done a week ago. now we just have to figure out how to get the bean planter home from indiana that we bought thursday. its a big son of a bitch that uses a 3pt hitch set up. any ideas other than driving the tractor 120 miles back with it??

How wide is it Ryan? Could you load it on a goose neck long ways with a tractor on site?

Back