• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Drove a L5P today

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Passing by a dealer this evening and stopped in and drove a '17 Denali. The dealer has this particular one done up with a lift and all of that tacked on the sticker price.. $89K.. (yes, I lol'd when I saw that).

It was a very nice truck though.. shifted a little funny, and the DPF regen message was already on. :D

Have talked to 2 local guys that have them. Both have had Duramaxes from the LBZ on up. They own the local AG chemical service and support business and farm. They both commented on how much more power they have and think the mileage is an improvement.

So far I've read quite a few complai,ts about the factory throttle mapping. The lml had alot of complaints of dead pedal and it looks like they went the other way with the l5p. Then theres the complaints about the decel tick. I would wait for the 2nd year to let GM work this engine out. It is still a 6.6l engine, but that is about all it shares with previous designs.

My guy said he has to be real careful with the throttle or it easily kicks on the traction control. I don’t see the rear brakes lasting long if that's the case.

Just wondering if traction control can be turned off like on some of the other vehicles? Turn it off and just have some fun, burn the tires up then.....:D:greedy:

I'm not sure if it can be completely switched off or not. I believe there is a way to deactivate it, but I'm pretty sure the TCM will torque limit you once the tires begin to spin to protect the trans. Going to be interesting to see how the allison fairs. They've upgraded most of the clutch packs to 6 now, but they're still only running 4 in the C3 which has been a weak link since the 1st one rolled out.

It is kind of scary when you start talking about the power of those new trucks. My 2006 LBZ will do things that simply amazes me. Take off with 7 or 8 thousand pounds behind you, stomp down on the go pedal, what does the truck do, it starts spinning the tires. Guess the ole torque management lets us have some extra power. Wet pavement at 30 to 40 mph empty, heck on wet pavement you better not stomp down too hard or you will be correcting a spin. Yelp one time on wet concrete at 40 MPH I floor it and heck, next thing I know it spins sideways and I have to correct it. Pull out of the car wash with wet tires and mash down hard on it at about 30 MPH, be ready it will jerk sideways.

Hey, we all are red bloodied males that want to have the most powerful truck, most powerful gun, heck its a male thing. We want the newest greatest stuff, but at what point do we say that's enough. Ain't a day that goes by that I wouldn't want a brand new Chevy Truck, but for now my 2006 LBZ will do anything I want it to do. My truck listed new for 43 or 44 thousand, but I didn't pay that for it. I thought go grief your paying 30 some thousand for a pick up truck? Now their 60 thousand plus for a nice Diesel truck loaded. If you can afford a brand new Diesel truck I congratulate you on it, more power to you. My wife tells me I get a new truck in a year or so, heck I don't know what I will get.

Would you rent a brand new one for a year for $17,000?

Once I had a very wealthy man giving me tips on $. I asked about a new rig vs buying one a year old. That was his question to me- figure amount saved by 1 year old and if you would rent one for that then ok to buy new. I have been mighty tempted a few times, but never got brand new. I did get a dealership to give me the 0% interest on a dealership test drive car once. Be willing to walk away from every deal ever offered and one worth taking will come up.

I've been through 6 dealers.. nobody wants to sell a truck. These prices our outrageous.

Yelp, seems like at this time of the year the dealers are not willing to wheel and deal on the 2500HD or 3500HD trucks at all. Like you said the 1500's have some big discounts right now.

Seriously considering a 1500 LTZ 4x4, as they have 10-12k off MSRP.. drive it for a while then buy a new diesel end of the year.

43K vs 60K is a huge difference.

Your dang right about that, I thought back in the 1980's, 15,000 dollars was ridiculous for a new vehicle.

Back