• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Drove a L5P today

You can't get the 6.2 gasser in the 3/4 ton, they're still using the Gen IV 6.0 with 360-ish HP. Only in 1500's and the SUV's. Just fair warning.

You can't get the 6.2 gasser in the 3/4 ton, they're still using the Gen IV 6.0 with 360-ish HP. Only in 1500's and the SUV's. Just fair warning.

I knew that it would be a 6.2 gasser in the 1500, or 6.0 in the 3/4, maybe I was not clear on that.

Big question of the day is why the heck can't GM put a more powerful gas engine in the 3/4 ton??? They had the 8.1 years ago. The 6.2 liter in the 1/2 ton puts out more guts than the 6.0 in the 3/4 ton. Is it something to do with fuel mileage requirements from the FEDS?

I knew that it would be a 6.2 gasser in the 1500, or 6.0 in the 3/4, maybe I was not clear on that.

Big question of the day is why the heck can't GM put a more powerful gas engine in the 3/4 ton??? They had the 8.1 years ago. The 6.2 liter in the 1/2 ton puts out more guts than the 6.0 in the 3/4 ton. Is it something to do with fuel mileage requirements from the FEDS?
Has to do with the duty rating of the engines. The 8.1l got done in by low sales and emissions. The 6.0l is the only gas engine left in GM's arsenal that is classified as a constant duty engine. Before the 6.2l we had the 6.0l vortec maxx at 345hp(the lq9) while the regular 6.0l rated for hd use never surpassed 325 for the lq4 in the early years. So it boils down to which one is rated to be run at full load, while towing heavy, AND be expected to last through warranty.

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on here. Just a little catch up on why I've been gone so long. Finally retired from working overseas in West Central Africa and bought a local tire and automotive service center on July 1st.

Talking about the new L5P, I like the new body style and couldn't find what I wanted on the lot or by locating one so I went and ordered a 2018, LTZ, 3500 SRW that's scheduled to be built the week of 01/15/18. Finally gonna get rid of the '03...

Someone told me that GM is now like the Ford in that the cab must be removed for major repairs. Is that correct?

My son bought a 2017 F250, 4 door, 4wd with the 6.7 diesel. He said the Ford interior was bigger than the GM and he needed the room for baby seats. The neighbor's kid whom he works with, went and bought the same truck but a 1 ton F350. He had blown one of the timing chains in his 5.3 liter F150.

Back