• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Driver’s Side Window Binding

Big T

Reaction score
So got the window regulator and motor installed and it works fine. Ran into issues with the lock rod and the slide button it goes into. It won't lock into the plastic grommet on the button. Must have lost material. The grommet on the door hand is holding. I will need to hunt down the part, or get an entire plastic cup with interior lock mechanism.

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
IIRC those rods have a plastic retainer on the end with a little arm on it. It rotates and locks it on the rod. Probably brittle on got broken off

Big T

Reaction score
IIRC those rods have a plastic retainer on the end with a little arm on it. It rotates and locks it on the rod. Probably brittle on got broken off
My rods have nothing on them. I thought they just stabbed in the grommet?

Would it be this:

1547247845582.png

Would that slide on the mushroom head of the rod after it's stabbed into the lock button?

I also have two plastic slides that the rods are supposed to run in. Neither will work when in those slides. The lock actuator motor loses full throw when the rod is in the clip towards the door handle. Am I doing something wrong?

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, the ones I'm thinking of are all plastic and part of the bushing the rod slides into. Haven't been into the gmt400 ones recently enough to recall for sure

Big T

Reaction score

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
That end has the bushing already in the door handle IIRC the rod has at tit on the end to keep it from coming back out. Maybe you have the rod end for end?

Big T

Reaction score
That end has the bushing already in the door handle IIRC the rod has at tit on the end to keep it from coming back out. Maybe you have the rod end for end?
Tit? Mushroom head? Same thing. The lock rod is not staying in the grommet of the lock slide buttom. I ordered a new handle assembly.