• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Driver’s Side Window Binding

Big T

Thread starter #1
The window in the driver’s side window gets stuck a few inches above the fully down position and then won’t go back up. I have grab and pull the window up for it to go back up and it typically sticks 2 or more times on the way up. Any ideas?

Will L.

Pull the panel and look if there is something binding besides the cables of the regulator. Most of the the time it is the regulator and replacement is the only option."
I tried the cheapiest ones from rock auto (can’t remember brand right now) and they sucked. One failed within warranty time and the other about 2 months out of warranty.
I ended up buying delco and they lasted till i sold the rig.

Big T

Thread starter #3
Pull the panel and look if there is something binding besides the cables of the regulator. Most of the the time it is the regulator and replacement is the only option."
I tried the cheapiest ones from rock auto (can’t remember brand right now) and they sucked. One failed within warranty time and the other about 2 months out of warranty.
I ended up buying delco and they lasted till i sold the rig.
Thanks