• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIY BD1 Programming - Burn your own chips!

Yes to costly and time consuming. Not sure the wife will go for that many, but I would like to run it as many times as I can. Might not happen immediately, either. Will just have to see.
Well kudos to you for stepping up!:hail:

Interesting that the two different pumps/tunes seem to be playing nice with each other when common wisdom has said for all these years that the two '94 3500HD pumps weren't interchangeable. Could it be that the oddball was rebuilt at some time with the other's parts

you can use the different tunes with the different pumps, the difference is a 5068 tune with a 5521 pump sometimes throws a code 35 because of the different timing and fuel curves, You'll be low on available power because of this but no real issues. I ran a 5521 pump with my performance 5068 tune for a year when my 5068 pump was down. I never tried a 5521 tune with a 5068 pump though

Well long time no say in this thread, Finally have a tune that is livable for me. the tune has morphed a lot and I have scrapped quite a few that were not just right. It is all about compromise, you can have a good tow tune, fuel economy and power tune all in one. Also may be getting OBD2 tuning so that I can test out a few tunes on some test subjects. It is an experience to get a tune almost right. :) almost

Back after 17 days of being internet-less (the neighborhood WiFi cafe had a modem problem with their ISP) since I have to use public WiFi due to budget. Avidly following the progress, and eagerly awaiting some real world trials once all the tuning is dialed in for OBD-II as far as HP, torque, boost, EGT's and last but most importantly: Highway MPG's vs. speed and City driving MPG's (driving sanely!).

Old post and OT (OBDII), but I haven't been around so I'll toss out my numbers for you:

1998 K2500, 4l80E, 4:10, 265/75 16.

Best of 271.9 hp @ 3200 rpm / 446.3 tq @ 1900 rpm. That is dyno data, dynodynamics 450 (known in the industry as "the heatbreaker"). That was a clean burn but beginning to haze (tickling the "too much smoke" point).

Backed it down a bit from that dyno high number and estimating around 250 now. Currently getting average combined 18 mpg on that calibration. Can tickle 20 Mpg (empty) highway. Straight city would probably drop me around 15-16, but can't confirm that as I have never run a full tank on city.

Required changes to fuel, spark, and transmission tables to get there.

Just dropped some weight with aluminum rims (PY0) and waiting to burn off a few tanks, but initial impressions are I'm going to break the 19 Mpg combined without touching anything else. Further refinements in the calibration may result in some incremental gains over and above the dropped rim weight.

Next plan is to convert to rear discs and drop some more rolling mass off the drive axle with those massive drums....less weight to get spinning, less power required, less fuel burnt, better mpg.

Apologies to Dennis for the OT info.....or thedrip......or whoever's watching for OBDI info.....

Glad to hear you guys are still working. I have had my truck down for a while. Haven't had time to try anything. Keep up the good work.

Yes I have pretty much almost got the tune done, very small tweaks to get done, very nice power and idle charecteristics, only problem is I keep getting my filter restrictor sucked down at high rpm and boost (18-20 psi) runs. Time for a larger air filter, tabels out to 4800 rpm.

is thedrip out of business?...i click on Hardware on his site and it goes no where?.....would like to try some tuning.....

is thedrip out of business?...i click on Hardware on his site and it goes no where?.....would like to try some tuning.....

Pm me you can get set up for real time tunning for less the the cost of a OBD 1 tune from some vendors. Chips avaialable at a site as well.

"F" Prom for a 94 K1500?

Bump! ;)

anyone have a stock BXPY bin so I can burn a "F" EPROM for my 94 K1500?
AKA: GM 16244788, 1624BKPY4788, BXPY 1624 4788
I know it's not a custom tune but it appears as though they are NLA

heres my stock 94 K1500 6.5 turbo auto bin from GMTDScan Tech if anyone can use it
BMRL, 41680069, 4168BMRL0069, BMRL 4168 0069

IMG_20130603_190900.jpgIMG_20130603_191011.jpg

View attachment BMRL.zip

Bump! ;)

anyone have a stock BXPY bin so I can burn a "F" EPROM for my 94 K1500?
AKA: GM 16244788, 1624BKPY4788, BXPY 1624 4788
I know it's not a custom tune but it appears as though they are NLA

heres my stock 94 K1500 6.5 turbo auto bin from GMTDScan Tech if anyone can use it
BMRL, 41680069, 4168BMRL0069, BMRL 4168 0069

View attachment 39648View attachment 39649

View attachment 39647

I'm willing to bet Ferminator can point you in the right direction....

I ordered one $85

I'll post the bin after I get it. Its supposed to be the latest update from GM for c/k1 & c/k2

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

I Googled the crap out of "GM 16244788" looking for the lowest price, which I found @ newgmparts.net. Some of the sites I visited listed VPI as the manufacturer. one site listed VPI and a phone number.

Some more Googling lead me to vpartsinc.com and the site said they had 13 avalible for $92.52 each.

received this from newgmparts this morning
Order Number: 31064297
Dear William, We are very pleased to inform you that even though the part you have ordered has been discontinued by GM and taken out of production, we have located your part at one of our Vintage parts warehouses. The price is now $117.75, plus shipping. Including shipping (GROUND ONLY) your total due will be $131.53. Please note that vintage parts are non-returnable. Please confirm that you wish for us to proceed with your parts order. We thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon. Please note your order #31064297 has been temporarily placed on hold and if approved, we can send you a PayPal request for the additional required ($13.64) Thank you Jason​

So I cancled that order and ordered it from vpartsinc.com myself ;)

Back